Recovery Resource Council a 75-year-old agency located in Dallas and Fort Worth is seeking a Senior Accountant to perform the following functions- Responsible for maintaining / managing contract files, keeping up-to-date invoicing to contractors / grantor agencies, maintaining professional relations with program grant / contract monitors, and assisting RRC Finance Department with other duties as assigned.
Additionally, monitor direct charges to Grants & Contracts, auditing and processing expenditures in the time frame needed to keep project accounts current and customer payments made timely. Communicate requirements and procedures to staff on Federal Uniform Guidance, state / regulations, and contract requirements. Ensure all required documentation is received for grant related expenditures.
Working knowledge of federal and state financial regulations; standard accounting principles, methods, and applications; of contracting process and associated local, state, federal, and other regulations; and contract and grant management.
- Knowledge of the contracting process and associated local, government and other regulations.
- Ability to analyze budgetary expenditures for compliance with the policies and practices of respective funding agencies.
- Knowledge of current changes and/or developments in applicable federal, state, local laws.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and / or projections.
- Ability to implement policies and procedures to maintain compliance with various regulations.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate accounting information in an easily understood manner.
- Ability to effectively monitor and maintain revenues and liability accounts.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / REQUIREMENTS:
Three + years of accounting experience in a grant / contract role is required. Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred.
- Five + years of progressively responsible experience in a non-profit setting in an accounting, finance, or bookkeeping role.
- Successful completion of Criminal History Background check.
- Good organization and attention to detail, professional presence, strong customer relations skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to perform duties as a team player / problem-solver and work in stressful situations, accommodate change, and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience with Abila MIP accounting software.
If interested please email your resume to Margie Hatcher, firstname.lastname@example.org