Founded in 1950, Greenhill School is an independent, coeducational day school enrolling 1,338 students in grades pre-kindergarten-12. The school is located on a 78-acre campus approximately 12 miles north of downtown Dallas.
The School’s mission statement reads: In a diverse and inclusive community, Greenhill prepares and inspires students to lead authentic, purposeful lives. Consistent with its mission and its steadfast commitments to its core values of excellence, integrity, courage, and compassion, Greenhill combines a rigorous, creative academic program with outstanding opportunities in arts and athletics for students from a wide variety of backgrounds. The school is widely known for its exceptional educational environment and has a national reputation for graduating highly qualified students who are well prepared to succeed at the most competitive colleges and universities and in later life.
The Senior Accountant is an integral part of the Business Office, responsible for coordinating and assisting in the preparation of financial reports such as statements of activities, statements of financial position, statements of cash flows, and analyses of historical and projected income and expenses, in addition to other ad hoc reports. In addition, the Senior Accountant assists with accounts payable, accounts receivable, endowment management, billing operations, audit, tax filing, and budget.
The Senior Accountant is also responsible for recommending and administering accounting policies and procedures, ensuring that strong internal controls and effective transaction processing routines protect the School's assets and result in meaningful, timely, and accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare, post, and reconcile all School ancillary services monthly activity in General Ledger (Financial Edge).
- Contribute and assist with the month-end close activities.
- Assist accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, human resources, student billing, and other accounting personnel in the Business Office.
- Cross-train on finance functions, including payroll, accounts payable, budgeting, accounts receivable, and student billing.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial information and reporting, including financial statements, variance analyses, balance sheet reconciliations, and dashboard reports.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparing and monitoring monthly departmental budget reports and forecasts, working with administrators and department chairs regarding budget performance.
- Communicate accounting policies to employees and ensure compliance with such policies.
- Actively stay current on new regulations in GAAP and relevant non-profit accounting issues.
- Produce and review reports needed for Finance Committee or other Board-related meetings.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Undergraduate or graduate business degree (accounting preferred)
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- 1 to 3 Years of work experience
- Have a desire to contribute to a community where the people, culture, and curriculum rely on actively engaging difference
- Show a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (e.g., familiarity with concepts; evidence of relevant personal growth; examples of relevant practice, etc.)
- Have an ability to welcome and include others and an openness to collaboration across differences
- Possess a strong work ethic and positive spirit
Apply for this position here.