Job Title: Business Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
School/Program: Lumin Education
Primary Work Site: Lumin East Dallas Community School, 924 Wayne Street, Dallas 75223
Hours/Status: 40 hours per week, year-round/Exempt
Responsible for proactively analyzing financial/business aspects of the organization. Actively works in finance, accounting, federal child nutrition program, and government grants. Prepare, analyze, and forecast targeted financial data and compliance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as leader and problem-solver in collaboration with supervisor as appropriate.
- Responsible for annual budget preparation for organization as well as grant budgets for various local, state and federal funding agencies. Reviews monthly budget and accounting reports. Conducts financial analysis for variance explanations and forecasting.
- Analyzes project expenditure reports to ensure compliance with grant requirements and accuracy of expense coding;
- Engage in identifying efficient and effective practices;
- Responsible for assisting with annual financial audit;
- Oversees organizational insurance policies including property and accident;
- Responsible for review and tracking of contracts;
- Prepares investment analysis for endowment accounts;
- Participate in preparation of financial models of proposed program offerings.
- Responsible for ad hoc reports and analysis, as assigned;
- Serves as back-up for payroll ; and
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Participate in regular training as required by grantors or for professional development
- Program responsibilities for new initiatives such as Lumin Beginnings and Bachman Lake Together master planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Grant management experience preferred, and
- Willingness to attend continuing education (to be paid for by the organization)
- Minimum of three years’ experience with data base software;
- Mastery of computer applications including: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Internet skills;
- Knowledge of governmental / non-profit operations;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with staff, faculty, parents, board members and representatives from the community in a positive manner;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and systems;
- Ability to problem-solve, prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and think creatively
- Minimum of three-five years supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Charter School and non-profit accounting practices, a plus; and
- Experience with Early Head Start funding and reporting requirements, a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org