Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas is seeking a Public Relations Manager to create and maintain a favorable public image for our organization. The Public Relations Manager will develop a proactive PR strategy around key dates and campaigns, will compose media releases and pitches to meet strategic objectives and analyze and report on media coverage. The ideal candidate will be bilingual (English/Spanish,) have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to think and write creatively, and a passion for storytelling and making connections. They will be proactive, reliable, responsible, and accurate with an attention to detail.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Creating and running public relations strategies around key dates and campaigns
- Serving as the first point of contact for media inquiries
- Forging relationships with journalists, school district communication departments, and key influencers
- Helping to clarify the value proposition of Girl Scouts through strategic media releases and pitches
- Coordinating and training Girl Scout members and staff on communicating with media
- Partnering with digital content manager to leverage online stories for broader PR opportunities
- Managing crisis communications plan as needs arise
- Composing nominations for annual non-profit award submissions
- Analyze and report on media coverage; monitor clip service
- Write content for GSNETX website, internal and external newsletters, annual reports, and donor communications.
- Plan and execute occasional media events
- Assisting with executive speeches and presentation preparations
- Develop strategic outreach plan to promote The STEM Center of Excellence
- Managing executive online presence
- Soliciting in-kind media partners for fundraising, community events, and/or key campaigns
- Occasional event work on evenings or weekends.
- 2-4 years of paid work experience in public relations or related field
- Strong background in writing, copy editing and media relationships
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Light graphic design skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, reprioritizing as new needs arise
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and highly collaborative
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in journalism, communications, marketing, or public relations field
- Experience with Salesforce, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or other email program)
- Video editing
- Comfort being in front of a camera
- Non-profit experience preferred
Our organizations cultural values:
- We are relevant.
- We strive for equity.
- We put our stakeholders first.
- We collaborate to get the best results.
- We own our work.
Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Interested applicants can email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply by clicking here.