General Area of Responsibility
The Project Manager for Global and Local Outreach, with a passion and a sense of call to serve our brothers and sisters most in need abroad and in the community surrounding our parish, will implement global mission trips and local ministries in support of Incarnation’s commitment to serving the poor and growing disciples of Jesus Christ. This is a hands-on and highly relational ministry.
More broadly, as Project Manager for Global and Local Outreach, this person will be responsible for:
- Working with lay leaders to plan and attend multiple foreign mission trips per year, and scouting trips when necessary. Orchestrating and planning domestic disaster relief trips as needed.
- Overseeing implementation of one of the large annual all-parish volunteer events.
- Working with lay leaders to oversee several local ministries in support of local schools and other entities designated by Mission and Outreach.
- Developing new opportunities to serve the poor locally and globally within constraints of Mission and Outreach vision and budget.
Specific duties for the Project Manager position will include but are not limited to management of the following:
- Global Mission: Volunteer recruitment and registration; securing travel arrangements; managing mission trip budgets; and maintaining safety and health of missioners while traveling. Work closely with lay leaders and foreign leaders to assess needs and goals of mission trips. Maintain contact and support of missionaries in the field supported by Church of the Incarnation.
- Local ministries: Project management duties of planning, communication, budget, and volunteer management while demonstrating accountability and sound stewardship.
- Aid in communicating the vision of the programs to the parish and groups of which we partner.
- Orchestrate inviting parishioners into local and global outreach by ensuring volunteers are inspired, encouraged, and empowered to take on the responsibility for maintaining the ongoing vitality of the program.
- Interface with many entities locally and abroad including parishioners, agencies, school personnel, pastors from other churches and community leaders.
- Assist in administrative tasks for project management including scheduling meetings and interfacing with facilities and communications departments. This includes learning church database and scheduling software.
- Assist in special projects and initiatives as needed with Mission and Outreach team.
- Experience in participating in or leading foreign mission trips
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Attendance requirements at worship and parish events to be determined in conversation with candidate
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft products
- Experience in leading teams of volunteers
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
The position is regular full day office hours, 40 hours per week, with benefits available. This position includes 5-6 weeks of foreign mission travel per year. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Salary range: $40,000 - $50,000
Please send resume and cover letter to Anne Mackintosh at firstname.lastname@example.org