We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides healing, hope, and happiness for children and families through music therapy programs, therapeutic music entertainment, and online music media. For four decades, KidLinks has provided healing experiences for children with special challenges, funded therapeutic music initiatives, implemented university-level music therapy training, and offered free/low-cost treatment programs for children in need. KidLinks has proudly and positively impacted the lives of over 410,000 children and caregivers.
This savvy, goal-oriented, and independent individual is motivated by a passion for KidLinks’ mission and a drive for continuous learning and improvement. KidLinks is strengthening and expanding our efforts to measure our impact, diversify and engage our donors, continuously improve our programs, and grow our organization to meet the needs of those served by our mission. The Programs & Grants Coordinator will be a project manager, consultant, analyst and problem solver with an eye towards creativity and innovation. This role requires an individual who can balance strong attention to detail and analytical skills with an engaging and relationship-focused approach to working with people.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
Reporting to and working closely with KidLinks’ 2 Co-Executive Directors, the Programs & Grants Coordinator is a new role with a key focus to support the programs and development departments by building a robust grantmaking portfolio, assisting in ongoing and special program projects, and ensuring well-coordinated and thoughtfully executed programmatic and development processes.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward foundations and corporations to meet annual revenue goals
- Collaborate with program staff to identify funding needs, create compelling cases for support, and compile information and budgets for grant requests and follow-up reports
- Research, write, submit and present grant applications for organizational and program needs
- Manage annual grant calendar to meet critical deadlines
- Provide support during annual fundraising events (in February & October)
- Assist with donor data management, gift processing/acknowledgements, monthly reporting, quarterly mailings, tax receipts and generating database mailing lists for fundraising events (as needed)Programs:
- Manage current and prospective program participant lists
- Compile, monitor, and analyze program stats and outcomes to ensure that objectives are being met
- Support coordination of special programming, community outreach, and engagement efforts
- Nurture working relationships with current and prospective program partners
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in the nonprofit sector
- Grant writing experience required, and program coordination experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Mature interpersonal style and ability to interact well with a diverse range of people
- An independent, self-starter, operates with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making ability
- Exceptional technology proficiency and accuracy
- Prior fundraising experience and familiarity with Little Green Light (or other donor management software) a plus
- Good sense of humor!
This position is part-time (20 hours/week) and is hybrid (in person and remote). Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience. Position includes a monthly cell phone allowance. We are a dynamic and friendly team dedicated to the KidLinks mission!
KidLinks is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity, or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
Interested applicants should EMAIL cover letter, resume, and (part-time) salary requirements to email@example.com with “Programs & Grants Coordinator” as the subject. No calls please. Materials must be provided to be considered.