The Program and Volunteer Manager is responsible for coordination and execution of all Trinity Park Conservancy’s programming, including recruiting, training, evaluating, and maintaining the volunteer staff. This position will work closely with all conservancy operating divisions in the planning, execution and staffing for public, community, and corporate programs.
About Trinity Park Conservancy
Trinity Park Conservancy is a nonprofit dedicated to the stewardship of Dallas’ largest public green space, the 10,000 acres of the Trinity River. Believing that the River is the natural gathering place for all Dallas residents, the Conservancy is committed to bringing people together to share their ideas, learn more about the possibilities and habitat of the area, and to assist in making it a more accessible space. In 2018, the Conservancy was selected to design, construct and maintain Harold Simmons Park in a private/public partnership with the City of Dallas and the Trinity River Corridor Local Government Corporation. Trinity Park Conservancy is dedicated to continuing conversations in the community throughout the Park development process. To keep up-to-date with the latest news from Trinity Park Conservancy become a Friend of the Conservancy at www.trinityparkconservancy.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, candidates must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below, including, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with staff, partners, and sponsors to identify volunteer needs and create opportunities to engage volunteers in the Conservancy’s mission-driven programs.
- Plan and manage, with staff, the execution of “best-in-class” events and activities.
- Work closely with division heads to identify programming needs for the Park and Conservancy, including developing and executing programs, activities, and events that educate and engage the public.
- Implement and provide best practices for the volunteer and Conservation Corps
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate volunteers, including assigning volunteers to opportunities that matches their skill sets.
- Manage volunteer information, availability, and skills maintaining an up-to-date database in Raiser’s Edge to track volunteers’ work.
- Main point of contact for all volunteer communications.
- Evaluate the volunteer program on a regular basis and seek opportunities for growth and
- Create all training materials for volunteers.
- Develop and manage annual budget for volunteer programs.
- Develop and implement goals and objectives for the volunteer program that reflect the Conservancy’s mission.
Preferred Background and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree strongly
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Prior experience managing large programs and projects and collaborating with others.
- Must value Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and support these values in your leadership.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have flexible availability with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Must have excellent relationship building and problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively relate to and manage a diverse volunteer work force.
- Must be a great collaborator in coordinating projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be comfortable in working outdoors and in dealing with inclement weather.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com, and reference “Program and Volunteer Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Trinity Park Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.