Position: Program Manager (Salaried, Full Time exempt)
Location: North Texas Chapter
Position Summary: The Program Manager will work under the direction of the Executive Director to provide an on-going calendar of events for HopeKids families, which foster a sense of hope and community within the program, while also assisting with necessary operational functions. The Program Manager should be highly relational and exhibit an outgoing, polite and friendly personality, while being able to cope with the emotional strain related to working with children facing life-threatening conditions and illnesses.
- A strong passion for the work and mission of HopeKids
- Agree to serve within our Vision, Mission & Guiding Principles - www.hopekids.org/who-we-are/
- Act within accordance of the organization’s policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability establishing and maintaining relationships with community partners, corporate and individual donors and volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum three years non-profit or similar experience.
- Must reside in the Dallas metropolitan area
- Flexible work hours requiring nights and weekends
- Must be able to work from home and have a designated office space
- Must pass a comprehensive background check
- Must have a reliable and insured vehicle
- Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Required to transport materials weighing up to 30 pounds from a vehicle to a building as well as preparing facilities for events, with or without assistance
- Travel interstate in mid-July for annual all-staff retreat
- Plan, coordinate and implement HopeKids’ ongoing calendar of events—both in-person events and virtual events.
- Attend HopeKids events (both in-person and virtual) and oversee/assist with all necessary details that involve working with event partners; maintaining accurate registration lists; distributing tickets; directing volunteers; taking photographs; interacting with families; appropriately acknowledging program partners.
- Establish relationships/friendships with and respond to questions from HopeKids families.
- Work with Executive Director to create annual program budget and operate within that budget
- Strategically participate in business/social-networking/community events to build relationships and create market awareness, leading to new HopeKids partnerships.
- Develop and maintain relationships with program event partners.
- Maintain operational documents either in Google Drive or elsewhere as directed by the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Prior fundraising experience is desirable, but not a prerequisite. While not directly responsible for the overall fundraising plan, fundraising duties will include:
- Solicit and secure in-kind donations from event partners for programmatic activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with the donors who sponsor program events
- Assist Executive Director with the planning and coordination of special events (i.e. Golf Tournament, Walk/Run)
- Secure donations of raffle, auction items and prizes from program partners and other constituents to be used at fundraising events
- Assist with strategizing on individual, corporate and foundation cultivation and grant applications and report writing
- Represent HopeKids at third-party fundraising events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be a strong and knowledgeable spokesperson for HopeKids programs and events
- Maintain strong communication with Executive Director and other HopeKids staff
- Ability to work in a small team environment and add individual contributions independently
- Skilled in operation of MAC computers and office equipment (printer, scanner, smart phone); must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Drive
- Ability to learn and maintain a working knowledge of HopeKids’ Event Management System.
- Ability to learn computer programs such as Bloomerang (CRM) and SignUpGenius
- Work collaboratively in a diverse environment with HopeKids families, event partners, volunteers, and donors
- Needs to be a self starter and self motivated
- Attention to detail
- Positive and outgoing personality
- Comfortable around people
- Enjoy being around kids
Benefits:Flexible work hours, work-from-home, individual health care covered 100% (medical, dental, optical), 401(k) with 4% match, cell phone with unlimited data, mileage and internet reimbursement, PTO starting at 15 days (plus 8 public holidays)
Please attach a cover letter and resume and send to - email@example.com