Communities In Schools of the Dallas Region is a 501(c)(3) non-profit founded locally in 1985. The Communities In Schools intervention is a series of evidence-based best practices within the community school model, placing trained staff on campuses to provide daily intervention to high-need students and families. The four main components of service delivery include academics, behavior/mental health, social services, and attendance. Once these barriers to success are addressed, Communities In Schools is able to re-direct these K–12 children towards improved outcomes in a coordinated, caring, and individualized way.
In partnership with fourteen area school districts, Communities In Schools of the Dallas Region is housed on a total of 134 Elementary, Middle and High School campuses to address the issues that place a child on the Texas Education Agency’s statewide “at-risk” list. These indicators measure a student’s potential academic success based on a series of key points in the child’s history (failed standardized test, failed core subjects, limited English proficiency, etc). Many of these markers are beyond the students’ control (foster care, family crisis, etc), but based on TEA metrics, it places them at a higher risk of dropping out of school, retention, and failure to complete high school in four years.
- Provide administrative support including scheduling meetings and conference calls, maintaining calendar, arranging travel, and processing expenditures for the Chief Program Officer.
- Prepare agendas, materials, and take minutes for Program Department meetings.
- Reserving equipment and conference rooms for presentations and in-office meetings as needed.
- Act as the primary contact for programmatic procedures and policies.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Chief Program Officer including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Provide administrative support to Regional Directors as requested and approved by the Chief Program Officer.
- Conduct bi-weekly needs assessment meetings with Regional Directors.
- Correspond with upper management regarding goals and objectives of the program team.
- Assist in the development of quality assistance/quality improvement measures for the program department.
- Assist in the planning and overseeing of significant events.
- Assist in managing the program budget for special and routine events.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are a requirement of this position.
- May be required to work some evenings.
- A professional and courteous manner and an ability to work harmoniously with other CIS Dallas employees and departments, campus administration, students & families, and the general public is required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Program Officer to be determined as needed.
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Previous experience working as an administrative assistant or specialized training in administration, office management, or business-related field. Prior experience in a nonprofit or education setting.
Communities In Schools of the Dallas Region is actively seeking a Program Assistant to join our team. If you are interested please click the link to apply Program Assistant.
The position is on-site M-F from 8am-4:30pm. Communities In Schools of the Dallas Region offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. These benefits include agency-paid health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, personal time off, school calendar holidays (including winter break).