Temple Emanu-El is a large, vibrant Reform Jewish congregation in Dallas, Texas. It is a place of sacred encounter, where learning, prayer, and deeds change people’s understanding of themselves, their world, and their responsibilities in it. Youth Learning + Engagement (YL+E) is Temple Emanu-El’s supplemental Jewish education and engagement program serving over 500 students and their families from kindergarten through 12th grade. Temple Emanu-El is a fun, collaborative, high-energy workplace that offers multiple employee benefits. Learn more about us at www.tedallas.org.
The YL+E Program and Operations Coordinator will support the programmatic and logistical work of YL+E, including the Sunday morning religious school, special events and holidays, youth programs, and family engagement opportunities. This position will provide support to YL+E faculty and will manage general program logistics and operations for the department. This position is supervised directly by the Director of Youth Education.
Professional Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Experience running and managing in-person events preferred.
- Experience working with youth at an afterschool, summer camp, or religious education setting preferred.
- Support YL+E program logistics by fulfilling and preparing supplies, managing supply requests from faculty, ordering supplies for the office, and fulfilling photocopy requests.
- Manage logistics for various special events and holiday celebrations, including reserving spaces, working with caterers, and booking vendors.
- Coordinate all room reservations and requests, working closely with the Hospitality Team to make sure all space requests are submitted and fulfilled based on the needs of YL+E and related events. This includes submitting events and set-ups to Temple Emanu-El’s calendaring software and addressing any space-related questions.
- Manage the Sunday substitute teacher process, including screening and securing substitutes, onboarding them to teach at YL+E, sending materials, and welcoming them on Sunday mornings.
- Serve as a member of the Education & Engagement team and provide support to larger synagogue programs, events, and holiday celebrations as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Youth Education.
- Healthcare Benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangement (3 days in-office, 2 days remote) and Paid Time Off
- Complementary Temple Emanu-El Membership and Discounted YL+E Tuition
*Hours: Full-time. Tuesday – Friday and Sundays during the school year; Monday – Friday during the summer and school vacations. Childcare is provided when working on Sundays.
To Apply: Please email resume and two references to Julie Meyer, Human Resources, at email@example.com.