Camp Fire First Texas is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, founded in 1914. For over 100 years, the organization has provided services for youth and their families in Tarrant and the five surrounding counties. The Camp Fire First Texas mission is to provide out-of-school time and outdoor learning programs for children and youth and to offer workforce development programs for early childhood educators. Programs serve more than 22,000 children, youth, and families each year. The council operates Camp El Tesoro, a 223-acre camp, year- round and serves 4,050 campers through resident, day, family, and outdoor education programs. For more information, please visit www.campfirefw.org.
The President/Chief Executive Officer reports to and is responsible for collaborating with the Board of Directors to establish and fulfill the vision and mission of Camp Fire. The President/CEO will be responsible for building and overseeing a strong leadership team of dedicated and passionate staff, fundraising, financial oversight, and operations including Camp El Tesoro. The President/CEO is responsible for a $7.8 million budget, leading a team of 95 employees, year-round and an additional 50 employees during the summer.
· Board Governance: Collaborate with the Board to set organizational priorities and strategies. Maintain regular and ongoing communication, keeping the Board apprised of key issues. Ensure the Board is fully informed on the financial condition of the organization and factors influencing it.
· Organizational Leadership: Lead organization’s culture, talent, and people development. Create a work environment that attracts, retains and motivates a diverse staff of top-quality people.
· Strategic Planning and Operational Execution: In collaboration with the board of directors, lead the strategic planning efforts, set the organizational vision, and shepherd the fulfillment of the Camp Fire mission, developing organizational goals and initiatives to guide the organization’s long-term growth.
· Fundraising and Donor Management: Develop, evolve and execute a multi-faceted development strategy including government contracts, major gifts, individual gifts, corporate and foundation grants. Conduct proactive donor retention and stewardship planning and execution.
· Growth and Program Delivery: Keep up to date with research, best practices and trends. Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence.
· Communications: Serve as the primary spokesperson and public face of the organization. Effectively collaborate with other service providers, funders and key stakeholders.
· Marketing: Develop and execute the marketing strategy. Create compelling ways to tell the Camp Fire story through innovative marketing strategies.
· Financial Management: Manage all aspects of financial management including budgets, and timely and accurate reporting, to ensure a strong positive financial position.
· Legal and Regulatory: Ensure compliance with all legal regulations, contracts, grants and donor intent.
· Technology - Ensure Information Technology systems are fully functioning and up-to-date, including website and other communications tools.
· Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Champion diversity, equity, inclusiveness and belonging by serving as a role model for Camp Fire’s core values.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of senior leadership experience leading a multi-million-dollar organization with at least 30 employees. In addition, accomplished fundraising ability is imperative. A Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree preferred. Salary Range: $155,000 to $170,000. Please send resume to Charlotte Keany via email: email@example.com
“Camp Fire First Texas is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status and any other basis protected by law.”
Send resume to Charlotte Keany via email: firstname.lastname@example.org