PHILANTHROPY OFFICER, FOUNDATION GIVING
DEPARTMENT: External Affairs
REPORTS TO: Philanthropy Director, Individual & Foundation Giving
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
HOURS: Full-time, standard workweek with occasional nights and weekends.
EXPERIENCE: Two years’ experience with non-profit fundraising, grant/proposal writing and marketing preferred
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Communication, English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Public Administration or related field
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Able to lift up to 30lbs., able to work part or all of a shift sitting, standing and walking, able to safely operate office machinery.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Professional business setting.
The Philanthropy Officer, Foundation Giving is responsible for the coordination of the Promise House grant program. This includes the development and writing of government and private grants, and reporting and managing the organization's grantor relationships. The Philanthropy Officer, Foundation Giving provides ongoing grant prospect research and grant funding projections in conjunction with the annual agency budgeting process, and coordinates and facilitates internal planning and implementation meetings for grants. The Philanthropy Officer, Foundation Giving possesses strong writing skills with the ability to understand Promise House’s mission and strategic goals and translate them into winning grant proposals and communications messages that demonstrate and measure community impact.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
GRANT WRITING DUTIES
- Conducts research to identify relevant grant opportunities that match organizational strategic priorities and needs to ensure sufficient depth for revenue generation
- Creates and maintains a grant resources library, maintaining data, statistics and other information related to Promise House programs and the issue of youth homelessness, to support grant proposals and inform conversations and reports to funders
- Develop a deep understanding of programmatic data, offerings and innovations, using these learnings to drive and inform grant writing strategy
- Leads grant proposal development and submissions by writing narrative, preparing and organizing materials for proposals, and submitting and monitoring grant applications
- Works collaboratively with program and operations teams to ensure the development and implementation of grant deliverables are met including writing and reviewing interim reports for grants, when required, and program reporting as needed
- Maintains grant calendar, tracking and monitoring assigned proposals including deadlines and reporting requirements
- Generates detailed reports to grantors, per provided guidelines, regarding implementation of contract deliverables and organizational impact
- Maintains detailed and accurate records in CRM database, including revenues, proposal and report submissions, deadlines, deliverable(s) and interactions
COMMUNICATION & MARKETING DUTIES
- The Coordinator will assist in developing stewardship materials, cultivation mailings, digital marketing campaigns, etc.
- Identify and develop compelling stories, and utilize the best medium to tell these stories
OTHER AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Actively participates in major special events (i.e., Annual Golf Classic & Auction and Promise to Care | An Unsheltered Experience) and attend others as required
- Conduct community outreach and donor education; develop and maintain strong relationships with funders, donors, and other partners
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Superior written communication skills with ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and accurate proposals with analytical, persuasive and compelling narrative to a diverse audience
- Excellent organizational, planning and time-management skills; must be able to work under pressure of tight deadlines with the ability to prioritize multiple competing projects
- Detail oriented; ability to digest and comply with detailed instructions in order to complete paperwork and reports thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of social service program delivery
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment is essential; able to coordinate collection of relevant information from multiple departments
- Critical thinking skills, problem-solving initiative, and professional accountability for quality of work and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, grant management software, e-mail and Internet usage
Please apply online at https://promisehouse.org/join-our-team/