The National Headquarters of the Commemorative Air Force, located at the Dallas Executive Airport in Dallas, Texas, is seeking a full-time Philanthropy Manager.
As the Philanthropy Manager, you will oversee and manage the back-office functions of the development team and oversee several fundraising programs for the CAF, including the grant, direct mail and planned giving programs. You will collaborate with the Chief Relationship Officer and other leadership in setting team goals and planning and managing budgets. Working across the organization, you will gather appropriate information to prepare and edit materials to ensure they are clear, accurate and concise. The ability to write persuasively and to clearly communicate our organization’s programs and mission that results in funding, is key. You will manage and direct external contractors and vendors that support several of our fundraising programs.
This individual is a member of the Development Office, reports to the Chief Relationship Officer and has one to three direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working collaboratively with the Chief Relationship Officer, develops and executes comprehensive plans for our national direct mail program, grants program, planned giving program, and other fundraising initiatives as assigned.
• Has the primary responsibility for ensuring grant submissions and required reporting to foundations and corporations is accomplished on-time and in compliance with guidelines.
• Has the primary responsibility for collaborating and coordinating with the national direct mail vendor to ensure direct mail packages are developed and deployed on-time.
• Has the primary responsibility for collaborating and coordinating with internal staff, vendors and consultants in developing, writing and deploying materials used in the CAF’s planned giving program
• Using persuasive communication skills, creates proposals to secure funding, and coordinates internal staff and volunteer review and approval as needed.
• Ensures all formal grant-related materials are documented and retained in an organized manner.
• Using the available tools such as Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud Research Point, internet search programs, other research programs, research and identify potential foundations, corporations and individuals who can become prospects/donors. Creates Research Profiles that are shared with Executive Staff and volunteers.
• Tracks interactions with prospects/donors/funders in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and other tools to build an electronic history of information related to prospects/donors/funders.
• Operates collaboratively with a high attention to detail to provide excellent service and develop strong working relationships based on trust and confidence with funders, prospects, donors, volunteers and staff.
• Using fundraising metrics, regularly reports on the status and progress of several major fundraising programs to the Chief Relationship Officer.
• Oversees support staff in the accomplishment of their responsibilities. Manages 1-3 support staff.
• Guides CAF member volunteers from across the country on local fundraising endeavors. Maintains and updates the unit fundraising tools provided to CAF volunteers across the country.
• Working with the Chief Relationship Officer, Marketing and other staff, collaboratively writes, proofs, and edits various organizational material, such as Annual Report, monthly Dispatch Magazine and social media posts.
• Identifies ways to increase efficiency and manage costs.
• Provides support for CAF activities and events, such as the Legends of the Skies Luncheon, CAF Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow and others.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a fundraising role.
• Experience with grant writing.
• Demonstrated ability to write persuasive, clear and concise fundraising proposals.
• Demonstrated interest or experience in aviation and/or WWII history a plus.
• Supervisory experience a plus.
• Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential in process or achieved preferred.
• Experience with planned giving a plus.
Required Skills & Abilities:
Excellent persuasive writing skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
High level of enthusiasm, initiative, motivation and self-direction.
Team oriented; works well within group situations.
Must be very organized, analytical and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and donor databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
Strong computer literacy.
Must be knowledgeable about, and capable of articulating verbally and in writing, the CAF’s mission, vision, and priorities.
Please apply online at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/535d30a9-60e8-4857-a5d4-13a4a5b96ece/Commemorative-Air-Force