Since 1910, Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has encouraged personal growth by teaching youth how to set goals and achieve them with determination. BSA promotes a culture where youth, volunteers, and employees feel a sense of belonging-where every person feels respected and valued. We welcome families of all backgrounds to help prepare young people to serve as successful members and leaders of our nation’s diverse communities. Join us and help us mold the future leaders of America!
The Philanthropic Advisor personally identifies, develops, and cultivates relationships with prospective donors to increase gifts. The position will first establish and then execute the annual goals and performance plan strategies for developing and managing a high-volume of portfolio prospects. Individuals with demonstrated experience managing all aspects of the gift cycle including proven increased gift success will engage existing donors and major and principal giving prospects to fund specified BSA initiatives.
- Identify and manage a portfolio of existing donors and major and principal giving prospects.
- Build-out and ensure forward portfolio movement for goal achievement.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle including initiating contact with assigned prospects and campaign management.
- Develop and document cultivation strategies for prospects and potential prospects.
- Track prospect activity and data capture into the CRM donor tracking system to ensure metrics are available for reporting to senior leadership.
- Integrate BSA’s evidence-based relationship cultivation strategy activities with assigned prospects.
- Create and manage annual goals, strategic planning, and performance plans with senior development leadership.
- Lead development teams by providing input to help teams achieve donation targets; own accountability for meeting annual performance goals.
- Provide recognition and stewardship strategies for major donors.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university required
- A minimum of 7+ years working experience in a similar or equal role
Boy Scouts of America is an equal-opportunity employer. Benefits include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a Match Savings plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and BSA holiday observances.
Apply via LinkedIn:
Or send a resume to:
James.Owens@Scouting.org with Subject line: Philanthropic Advisor Position