About the Role:
Implement People & Culture (P&C) strategy via a keen focus on change management and the human resource foundational aspects of the department.
About Big Thought:
Big Thought equips youth in marginalized communities to imagine and create their best lives and world. The secret that makes our work uniquely effective is the powerful combination of our social and emotional focus, experiential learning, community-centered partnerships, inclusion/equity lens and future focus.
Throughout our 30+ year history of innovation, Big Thought has become a national model in arts education, out of school time systems, summer learning and juvenile justice intervention. Now, we’re one of six community partnerships in the U.S helping scale national best practices in Social and Emotional Learning (SEL). We take direct-to-youth programs and resources to communities with the greatest needs and share our evidence-based best practices with other nonprofits and organizations through a suite of consultation services including professional development, curriculum design and technical assistance.
#Big Thought Way:
Big Thought brings relentless optimism, innovation and imagination to everything we do. Our kids come first, and we use a collaborative, all hands on deck approach to ensure that they are served well.
About the Ideal Candidate:
A winning candidate is a resourceful thinker and has strong analytical and problem-solving skills. They are a master at prioritizing tasks and at delegating them when appropriate, but willing to pitch in on all levels. They act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality and knowledgeable of employment-related laws and regulations.
What the Role Entails:
- Implement and integrate People & Culture Strategic Plan
- Act as point of contact for typical HR based issues as appropriate
- Develop, recommend, and implement process/procedure changes
- Advanced skill in Employee Relations
- Familiar with Change Management models and skills
- Familiar with Organization Development methodology
- Above average skill in full range of HR generalist duties
- Usage of consultative skills in P&C as well as BT-wide
- Advance skill in gathering HR based trend analysis
- Infuse inclusion and equity both internally and externally
- High degree of EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Assist with implementation of Performance Management processes
- Assist as subject matter expert in other areas of People & Culture
- Initiate creative solutions to workforce issues
- Conduct Workforce Planning Analysis quarterly and publish
- Continual monitoring of BT Structure
- 5-7 years’ experience in Human Resource Management
- Expertise data analysis and trend analysis
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Knowledge of appropriate labor laws, federal laws, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Physical Expectations (not an exhaustive list):
Big Thought jobs are hands on and can be physically demanding. To perform the duties of these roles successfully, you may regularly be required to: sit, stand, or stare at computer screen for long periods of time; participate in external activities; use various office equipment, some manual; work in environment with loud sounds, multiple distractions and interruptions; be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures on occasion; maintain emotional control during stressful situations.
BIG THOUGHT ASPIRES TO BE A WORKPLACE OF INCLUSION & EQUITY. WE VISUALIZE A WORKPLACE THAT PROVIDES AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE. WE BELIEVE A BASELINE REQUIREMENT TO ACHIEVE OUR VISION IS EVERYONE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT – REGARDLESS THE ISSUE AT HAND.
Employees of Big Thought are expected to participate in mission driven activities, meetings, committees, etc. BT is based on a team environment and openness to always “lend a hand” as appropriate to another employee.
All employees are required to adhere to BT policies and procedures. All employees may expect to perform duties as assigned. In addition, all employees may be assigned “other” duties in the spirit of teamwork.
Big Thought is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
NOTE: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The CEO and/or designee has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Click on following link to apply: