Position Function: The Payroll Supervisor will be responsible for the ongoing development, training, supervision, staffing, and evaluation of payroll staff. The Payroll Supervisor provides on-going supervision, leadership, coaching and support to the payroll staff. Supervisor may also participate and perform payroll duties.
Education: High School Diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
Experience: At least 7 years of relevant general bookkeeping/accounting experience required including the following: Payroll and 401(k), Must be proficient with MS Word, & MS Excel. Experience with Sage MIP software and/or third-party payroll software a plus. Must have ability to manage significant responsibility with minimal supervision. Experience supervising others a plus.
Working Conditions: Sitting at computer for extended periods of time.
Exposure to Confidential Information:
Maintain confidentiality & follow policies related to personnel records, client records, payroll records, and ACH’s financial records.
The supervisor may perform or supervise the performance of these functions:
- Review bi-weekly payroll information for all employees from time sheets that have been signed by employees and approved by supervisors.
- Direct the transmission of this information via the third-party payroll service.
- Verify pay from completed payroll reports as well as pay from payroll expenses and taxes to input in the general ledger.
- Allocate and post payroll expenses to the appropriate accounts. Reconcile payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Review employee payroll and quarterly Federal tax reports filed by third party payroll service.
- Provide reports to plan administrator for 401K information. Remit contribution and match amounts on a timely basis.
- Coordinate with HR on employee pay and benefits data as necessary
- Provide information requested during audits and grant/contract monitoring
The supervisor will also:
- Hire and training and supervision of staff
- Staff development, coaching and support of staff Supervision
- Staff evaluation, setting goals and mid-year reviews
Please apply online at https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ACH1001ACHS/JobBoard/811ecf62-9ee7-4fa5-9f2b-61f070031461/?q=&o=postedDateDesc