Recovery Resource Council a 76-year-old agency located in Dallas and Fort Worth is seeking a Payroll Specialist to perform the following functions-
This position is responsible for the management of RRC payroll processes and the associated accounting and reconciliation for benefits administration, tax, and compliance reporting. This position works closely with the Director of Accounting, HR Directors of East/West Campuses, and Program Directors.
- Ensure that systems for maintaining all payroll related records exceed expectations and are consistent with RRC policies and procedures.
- Administer time, attendance, and payroll systems.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Verifies hours worked, paid time off, deductions, and pay adjustments.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in RRC accounting and payroll systems including employees’ hourly rates, other compensation / reimbursements, holidays, deductions and withholdings, address changes, and other information.
- Process monthly, quarterly, and year-end compliance reports, and other reports as necessary, including support for the annual audit process.
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of paychecks / direct deposits to employees.
- Provide payroll related reports internally as requested.
- Provides information to employees and managers on payroll matters and tax issues.
- Assist with HR related responsibilities / benefits administration as requested.
- Ensure the accurate reconciliation of payroll, tax, and benefit related general ledger accounts.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in a non-profit setting in an accounting, finance, or bookkeeping role.
- Good organization and attention to detail, professional presence, strong customer relations skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to perform duties as a team player / problem-solver and work in stressful situations, accommodate change, and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience with Abila MIP accounting software.
Recovery Resource Council is a FULLY COVID vaccinated employer.
interested candidates may be asked to complete a Predictive Index Survey before interviewing.
interested candidates should email their resumes and cover letters to Margie Hatcher, firstname.lastname@example.org