Patron Services Coordinators provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external facing customers in alignment with The Dallas Opera’s mission and values. Core responsibilities include providing inbound and outbound sales and customer service, proficiency in ticketing system processes and procedures, professionalism in managing customer service issues, and other administrative tasks as needed in support of The Dallas Opera’s operations.
- Conduct inbound and outbound sales and customer service calls for all in-person and digital subscription and single ticket sales, including subscription renewals and acquisitions.
- Maintain ongoing training and proficiency in Tessitura ticketing system and all standardized procedures to successfully complete accurate ticket orders.
- Professionally represent The Dallas Opera and promptly respond to patron questions, concerns, special needs, requests, wait list for series and seat changes, and refunds.
- Process telemarketing orders: flag orders with billing errors or missing information and return to supervisor for follow-up.
- Assist supervisor with seat inventory management and releasing holds in a timely manner as requested.
- Quickly learn and implement policies and procedures for event cancellations, such as ticket conversions to donations, exchanges, add-on performances, credit on account, allocation to future seasons, and refunds. Make outbound calls to patrons with unresolved issues in their account.
- Assist patrons with troubleshooting issues relating to digital content access.
- Fulfill education program (Sightlines and Dress Rehearsals) and third-party vendor (TodayTix) orders.
- With the approval of supervisor, process all comp ticket requests, including but not limited to staff, donor, VIP, chorus, orchestra, guest artists, and press requests.
- Communicate patron special needs and house seats to ATTPAC Front of House staff and prepare Box Office for all live performances, dress rehearsals, family operas, and community outreach events.
- Professionally represent The Dallas Opera while working the Box Office for walk-up and performance sales at the Winspear and other venues.
- Reliably and accurately manage Box Office cash handling and reporting responsibilities daily and at performances.
- Assist with preparing season subscription packets, single tickets, and performance information.
- Assist patrons with non-ticketing related information in lieu of a company receptionist, such as donor event schedules, visitor information, and finding meeting locations.
- Support Patron Services Manager with other sales-related and administrative tasks as assigned, such as managing the “operatunities” student papering initiative, and other duties as requested.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings with direct supervisor and team as required.
- Provide additional general administrative support to the full Advancement team (Marketing, Communications, and Development) as well as other departments as needed during periods of low call activity, and as directed by supervisor. This includes, but is not limited to database maintenance, preparing mailings, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Assist with education and other community outreach events throughout the year, such as the simulcasts at Klyde Warren Park, family operas, and donor events.
- Assist with local and national market research in the opera and performing arts field for benchmarking as requested.
Traits and Characteristics
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, empathetic and patient listener, outgoing personality, and positive attitude.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to be proactive and foresee common ticketing and customer service issues to be resolved.
- Ability to multitask and maintain customer service excellence, attention to detail, and accuracy in a time-sensitive environment.
- Diplomacy, good judgment, steady demeanor, and timeliness in resolving patron needs.
- Professionalism in spoken and written language, writing, and appearance.
Skills and Knowledge
- 1-3 years of experience in direct customer service required.
- Previous experience with Tessitura or other ticketing software preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (specifically Word and Excel) and collaborating in aMicrosoft365
- Knowledge of classical music, opera, and Dallas arts and culture a plus.
Compensation Competitive salary
Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, vacation time, no-cost parking, 403(b) with employer match, and professional development opportunities to increase skills.
Education Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Location Dallas, Texas
Office Hours Standard office and phone hours are 9am to 5pm, with some Saturdays during
production season. Occasional early morning, evening, and weekend hours during
The Dallas Opera values diversity in the workplace and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment where employees are treated with dignity and respect. The Dallas Opera is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a policy of non-discrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. This position will remain open until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates has been identified. Applications from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a cover letter no longer than two pages and resume to email@example.com, using the subject line “Patron Services Coordinator.” Please send Word or PDF files only. No phone calls please.