PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Outreach Manager is responsible for assisting the Director in all aspects of raising the visibility of the Caregiver Support Program by cultivating and developing new relationships within the non-profit, corporate, healthcare and faith-based communities to support family caregivers. The Outreach Manager will achieve this goal by participating in community events, conducting education seminars, and providing care consultations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Outreach to various non-profit, corporate, healthcare and faith-based communities to increase visibility and client base.
- Organize and represent the Caregiver Support Program at various outreach programs held throughout the year such as conferences, exhibits, events, churches, senior facilities and health and wellness fairs.
- Initiate speaking engagements with local organizations to increase exposure to Caregiver Support programs and service.
- Arrange individual and/or small group presentations discussing services offered by the Caregiver Support Program with the goal of scheduling an education presentation or care consultation for caregivers.
- Conduct educational presentations on topics related to caregiving and aging services.
- Generate prospective leads and follow up to discuss services the Caregiver Support Program offers.
- Develop deep ties within the community and continuously connect with new prospective clients.
- Partner with pastors, ministry personnel, healthcare staff and other community partners to provide appropriate literature and information about the Caregiver Support Program and The Senior Source
- Maintain appropriate documentation on education presentations and any client activity.
- Provide coverage for necessary casework activity in the absence of other Caregiver Support Specialists.
- Maintain knowledge of appropriate resources, both locally and nationally.
- Assist the director with preparation of all required reports and prepares monthly progress reports.
- Assist director with the outcome evaluation of the program.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special seminars and forums.
- Help develop appropriate program content for targeted audiences.
- Attend regular agency staff meetings, program staff meetings and in-services trainings.
- Represent the agency at meetings in the community.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Engaging and enthusiastic demeaner with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work compassionately and effectively with older adults, family caregivers, colleagues, and other professionals.
- Experience in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Excellent technology skills, with proficiency in Salesforce or other CRM platform required.
- Initiative and creativity with the desire to work on a team
- Culturally competent with experience and sensitivity in working with individual from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to carry out assignments and projects without detailed instructions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Culturally competent with strong understanding of the intersectionality of racism and poverty.
This position requires reliable transportation to fulfill community outreach duties and will require attendance at some evening and weekend events, as well as working with various faith-based and diverse groups.
This position may require standing for extended periods of time and lifting up to 25lb. objects on an as needed basis.
A master’s degree in social work or related field of study from an accredited university, a licensed master level social worker preferred. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and at least 2 years’ experience in the field of aging and/or social services with experience working in a direct service capacity may be substituted in lieu of a master’s degree.
The Senior Source is the #1 resource in the Dallas area for empowering and equipping individuals and families to navigate aging. Since 1961, we have provided financial and emotional services for older adults to age with dignity and purpose. Whether older adults are navigating financial matters, caregiving issues, or senior living options, The Senior Source guides them towards a successful solution.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to The Senior Source’s mission of enhancing the quality of life of older adults in Dallas. We continually foster and support the principles and values of our agency by promoting an environment that is welcoming and inclusive of all values, opinions, experience, culture to best address the needs of our employees, clients, and volunteers.
The Senior Source is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to KKnight@theseniorsource.org.