Position | Outreach Coordinator (Full-time)
Program | Empowering Families Project (EFP)
Reports to | Zeida Forrest, EFP Implementation Manager
Summary | The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for engaging the community via presentations, direct outreach, cultivating relationships, and social media. These efforts will lead to enrollment in the Empowering Families program, a free healthy relationship and financial empowerment program for couples. The right candidate for this role will be able to communicate genuine care and interest in families, as well as be able to persuade participants to commit to the program.
Responsibilities and Duties |
- Develop leads of 575 candidate couples and at least 182 enrolled couple participants per grant year.
- Develop and lead the department to implement a Strategic Recruitment Plan for direct recruitment, community relationships, and social media campaigns.
- Schedule eligible couples by phone, email, and text for intake, ensuring all inquiries are responded to in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Coordinate and perform public presentations with community organizations and media outlets.
- Participate in regular program meetings, supervision, trainings, committees, and will be expected to follow all policies for the agency and the Empowering Families Program, including federal grant guidelines.
Requirements | Bilingual English/Spanish required; Must have own transportation, a valid Texas driver’s license, and auto liability insurance; Ability to work some nights and weekends; Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations preferred.
Experience | One year experience recruiting couples or families for similar organizations; previous experience with diverse and low-income populations. Extensive knowledge of the community, social media platforms, public outreach and engagement, sales, and direct marketing experience preferred. Public speaking and partnership or business development experience preferred.
Salary/ Compensation Package | $40,000 – 42,000 annually. Generous benefits including PTO, health insurance options, 401K matched up to 5% of salary. Flex work schedule.
Submission Instructions | Please submit your resume and cover letter to Zeida Forrest at ZForrest@theparentingcenter.org. Include “Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line. Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
Submission Deadline | Submissions considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.