The Operations Manager is a key player in the execution of Rev Partnership’s mission to drive system-level strategies to ensure all Tarrant County students are equipped to lead and succeed in their homes, schools, and communities. While Rev Partnership is a newly established nonprofit (founded in 2022), it is built upon years of expertise set in motion by Tarrant County’s school district leaders, philanthropy, and other nonprofit and community partners with missions to impact academic outcomes for students in our community. Rev Partnership’s approach of convening system leaders, providing robust data insights, and driving quality solutions for the 750,000 students who call Tarrant County home, is our solution to addressing the scale of need and opportunity that arises from working in our state’s 3rd largest county which educates 7 percent of all students in the state of Texas.
This role will ensure the organization is equipped to successfully implement its strategic objectives, from which shared education goals and proven outcomes for students can come to life. The Operations Manager’s primary responsibilities are the execution of internal operations, and on occasion, represent the organization externally with the Board of Directors and community stakeholder groups. Rev Partnership is seeking a passionate, mission-driven, hardworking, and detail-oriented individual to fill this role. The Operations Manager reports directly to the CEO.
- Finance and Accounting
- Adhere to the organization’s financial policies and procedures, primarily processing accounts payable and receivable, cash receipts, and receipt of donations.
- Work directly with an external accounting firm to complete monthly reconciliation and preparation of financial statements for the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Code all organizational expenses in appropriate class, job, and functional expense categories for approval by the CEO and submission to the external accounting firm.
- Maintain sound fiscal electronic records of all transactions.
- Liaison with external accounting, tax preparation, and audit teams to provide reports necessary for the organizational compliance.
- Pay invoices and bills in accordance with the organization’s process and procedure for such transactions.
- Deposit revenue in accordance with the organization’s process and procedure and procedure for such transactions.
- Fundraising and Development
- Manage timeline and due dates for grant application, reporting, and donor stewardship, and manage-up to leadership to complete tasks.
- Monitor donor pipeline to ensure every deadline is met.
- Prepare written grant requests and all supporting grant documents for approval by CEO and submission.
- Acknowledge all donor contributions in a timely manner
- Administrative Support
- Lead employee PTO submission and approval process, including monitoring employee’s PTO usage.
- Prepare employee reimbursement requests for approval by the CEO.
- Liaison with vendors, including HR, benefits, information technology, accounting, tax, audit, legal, and others as needed.
- Assist in employee on- and off-boarding paperwork, as necessary and appropriate.
- Maintain a regular presence at team meetings, disseminate meeting invitations and agendas, and document action items with a disciplined eye toward organizational goals and benchmarks.
- Liaison with education leaders to execute Convening logistics including coordinating meeting locations, sending meeting notifications, managing meals and materials, and drafting communication for approval by CEO.
- Support special projects and events.
- Monitor all agreements and contracts in place (vendor management) to ensure compliance and appropriate designation of resources (financial and human).
- Monitor monthly spending on county contract and submit reporting to Tarrant County on use of federal relief funds (American Rescue Plan).
- Prepare requests for proposals as necessary (e.g., audit or strategic planning bids).
- Work in partnership with CEO and any consultants or vendors to ensure technical and strategic support for effective staff operations.
- Ensure effective operational processes and procedures are followed.
- Board Governance Management
- Schedule board and advisory council meetings and support the CEO in the development of the agenda and meeting materials, including presentation decks and financial statements for approval.
- Record meeting minutes in conjunction with the Board Secretary and track all board votes.
- Manage-up to the CEO, board, and its respective committees to ensure action items and responsibilities are completed.
- Schedule new board member orientations and ensure all new board members sign the Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Maintain data on board governance activities often required in grant requests.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Technical Skills and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, communications, social sector, or equivalent degree.
- Experience in office management, executive operations, or another related role.
- Experience working in positions at fast and high-growth organizations or programs.
- Previous experience working for one or more senior executives and/or board, preferably within a nonprofit organization.
- Experience in handling and maintaining confidential information.
- Proficiency in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, virtual meeting platforms, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Strong professional writing and reporting skills and experience.
Hours and Office Requirements
- Position is hybrid with expectation of 2-3 days per week in Fort Worth office beginning Fall 2023.
- Attendance at in-person monthly convenings and quarterly board meetings.
- Daily hours of 9:00AM-5:00PM, at least 40 hours per week.
- Some nights and weekends, as the work dictates.
- Driving within Tarrant County is required. There is no expectation for out of county travel.
- Finance and Accounting – 25% Responsible for preparing financial reports and maintaining records of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure, payments, and other financial activities alongside external accounting firm.
- Fundraising and Development – 25% Executes on all phases of the donor lifecycle in accordance with development goals set by the CEO.
- Administrative Support – 20% Provides administrative support to the CEO and organization to execute organizational priorities.
- Operations – 20% Maintains effective operations that are aligned with the organization’s mission and vision.
- Board Governance Management– 10% Provides administrative functions related to the Board of Directors and Advisory Committees.
To apply, please submit via email one PDF attachment that includes, in this order, a cover letter with your preferred salary range, resume/CV, and three references. Name of submission file should follow this format “Rev_OpsManager_[FIRST&LAST NAME].” Email the submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line “Operations Manager Submission – [FIRST and LAST NAME].” Applications are due Thursday, June 15 by 5PM CST. Late applications will not be considered.