For more than one hundred years, the Center for Transforming Lives (CTL) has given participants and their families the tools they need to break the cycle of poverty. Each year, CTL works with over 3,000 people from more than 1,000 families in Tarrant County to provide comprehensive services no matter where they are on their journey from poverty to prosperity. CTL's services are trauma-informed, two-generational, and incorporate best practices rooted in nationally backed research to ensure women and children achieve long-term success.
Center for Transforming Lives is seeking a dynamic Operations Coordinator to provide administrative and operational support to the Agency. At Center for Transforming Lives, our innovative and collaborative teams work to build better futures for women and children experiencing homelessness. As an Operations Coordinator, you will facilitate programmatic, financial, and administrative adherence to Agency policies and procedures, while maintaining office services by organizing office operations and procedures, including physical and electronic data. In this role, you will work directly with the Executive Assistant and Board Liaison to ensure agency processes and operations are organized in a manner for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintains awareness of industry standards and is proactive in continually acquiring knowledge in fields related to operations and participates in CTL meetings and on committees as required and as appropriate.
- Manages the reception desk to ensure pleasant, professional, and effective telephone and visitor interaction and schedules and monitors reception coverage for administrative business hours. Schedules or coordinates front desk coverage for non-administrative business hours.
- Ensures calls are tracked and analyzed to demonstrate demand for service.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative support duties for the agency and supervises the organization and operation of the office areas and equipment for reception and administrative space.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and supervises the utilization of office equipment at the downtown location, including copiers, postage machines, etc. ensuring proper and efficient use
- Works collaboratively with personnel, contractors, volunteers, and program participants.
- Designs and organizes agency filing systems (electronic and physical) to ensure appropriate record storage and access. Provides database support for the Development Department and ensures compliance with the agency’s record retention and disposal policy, posts positions, and supports the Human Resources function.
- Receives applications through website and walk-ins and routes them to the hiring supervisor.
- Functions as liaison with Human Resource outsourcing firm on HR projects and troubleshooting on non-employee matters. Coordinates scheduling of New Employee Orientation participants and presenters; attends and supervises and coordinates performance review activities in conjunction with an HR outsourcing firm, including tracking completion and ensuring proper filing.
- Communicates regularly, professionally, and timely with CTL personnel and volunteers about assigned administrative or operational responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Proficiency with Windows operating systems and Office products. Ability to learn and use any other software programs needed in the operations of CTL programs, including, but not limited to census data.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Monitoring/Assessing the performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Competitive compensation and benefits; wage commensurate with experience and education. Please send resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit www.transforminglives.org. If you are ready to be part of a team that is transforming the lives of women and children experiencing homelessness and poverty in Tarrant County, please apply today.
Center for Transforming Lives is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and participates in E-Verify.