The Office Manager works closely with staff to support the Foundation’s operations and is responsible for first and consistent impressions of North Texas Community Foundation. S/He strives to represent the Foundation with a high level of integrity through a gracious, caring demeanor and professional appearance. This position reports primarily to the Chief Financial Officer.
Office Manager duties include functioning as primary scheduler for the President & CEO; assisting the CFO with human resources duties; providing friendly, and knowledgeable assistance for all incoming calls and greeting visitors to the office; providing technology assistance and issue resolution; and setting up workspace and technology for new hires. This full-time position requires flexibility and ease in taking on new tasks as the office evolves and grows. This position works onsite at the NTCF office in downtown Fort Worth, Mondays-Fridays, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Scheduling for CEO
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments, requiring interaction with both internal staff and external executives and assistants, in close coordination with Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Maintain organization calendars
- Provide technology assistance and issue resolution, to include phone system, computers and office machines
- Set up workspace and technology for new hires
- Act as liaison with the Foundation’s IT vendors
- Maintain human resources records by maintaining applications, resumes, benefit enrollment forms, PTO and sick leave, and annual evaluations.
- Assist with employee onboarding, terminations, exit-interviews, and setting up training with HR consultants
- Manage recruitment effort by posting and manage job descriptions and determining best sites to attract talented employees
- Act as liaison with the Foundation’s benefit and HR vendors to address employee questions, process annual enrollment materials, and identify new benefits to increase employee retention
- Process bi-month payroll and 403b contributions
- Monitor changes in human resources laws and regulations
- Log incoming checks and reconcile Deposit Log totals with Accounting Associate
- Reconcile monthly office credit card statements and parking invoices
- Coordinate Foundation mailings
- Coordinate catering for onsite meetings and staff events
- Draft and update NTCF procedures for which position has oversight
- General administrative support as needed
- Coordinating special projects as assigned
- Professionally answer all incoming calls and assist/forward as appropriate
- Warmly and professionally greet visitors
- Pick up and process Foundation mail and coordinate Foundation shipments
- Regularly order supplies for office/workroom, kitchen and conference room
- Office machine maintenance and training
- Provide routine maintenance of the office, kitchen and facility
Skills and Competencies
- Friendly voice and demeanor with a positive attitude for interfacing with visitors, Fundholders, Board Members and staff
- Professional appearance
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Accomplished high-level interpersonal skills
- Detailed, conscientious and thorough workmanship
- Self-starter who takes initiative in completing tasks, solving problems, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks to efficiently manage competing responsibilities within required timeframes.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to confidential matters
- Proven organizational and management skills
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, email & internet browsers
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Ability to work with others to accomplish the mission of the Foundation
- High-level personal and professional integrity and ethics
- A college degree or relevant work experience is preferred
- Administrative experience is preferred
A cover letter and resume should be directed to Christopher White, Chief Financial Officer, at Connect@NorthTexasCF.org. To ensure delivery, place "NTCF Office Manager" in your email Subject line.