At United Way, we believe in the power of unity and equity to create lasting change. We’re committed to strengthening education, income, and health – the building blocks of opportunity – in our community. And for nearly 100 years, North Texans who share this passion have joined with us to LIVE UNITED. Our movement of community change-agents and hand-raisers is growing, and we’re looking for a Senior Manager to help build on this momentum.
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas is fully committed in all aspects of our work to becoming a fully inclusive, multicultural, antiracist organization. Those who share in this commitment and who are willing to actively engage antiracist ideas, behaviors, and actions are invited to apply for open positions.
The Narrative Change Senior Manager is responsible for copywriting and messaging development in service of challenging the narratives that create obstacles around issues related to education, income, and health. The Narrative Change Sr. Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and monitoring a comprehensive narrative change strategy that drives awareness, builds trust, and motivates audiences to act. This position requires a strong copywriter and content creator, as this role includes leading the development of content tailored to fit each of our social media channels. The Narrative Change Sr. Manager will be responsible for positioning United Way as a thought leader within the organization’s focus areas of education, income, health, as well as related spaces of public policy, social innovation, and community impact. The Narrative Change Sr. Manager will report to the Chief Communications Officer and will work closely with team members across the organization and within the communications and marketing departments to align messaging internally and externally.
To perform the job successfully, applicants should demonstrate the following:
Mission-Focused: Create real social change that leads to improving lives in our community.
Relationship-Oriented: Is able to communicate effectively to develop, grow and sustain productive relationships. Knows how to capture and record relevant information and how to interpret and utilize the information to forge partnerships, collaborate, cultivate, grow, sustain and strengthen internal and external relationships.
Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad impact.
Stewards: Our actions, behaviors and decisions on behalf of our donors must be transparent, meet the highest ethical standards and align with organizational goals.
- Strategically find and tell stories in United Way brand voice that position the organization as a thought leader in education, income, health areas.
- Crafting content with clear calls to action that resonate with both B2C and B2B audiences, depending on the channel.
- Developing stories of impact demonstrate the personal and emotional impact United Way’s work has in people's lives, as well as the data surrounding the measurable outcomes and economic impact.
- Proactive planning and maintenance of social media editorial and content calendars for each social platform. Create, write, edit, proof and post social content and copy.
- Developing executive communications as needed, including tailoring content to represent senior leadership or external corporate partners and presenting leadership with opportunities to engage with social media content.
- Setting channel strategy based on analytics and insights—and regularly adapting strategy to increase engagement and/or grow audience.
- Strong ability to build and develop relationships with internal stakeholders, donors, volunteers, and teammates.
- Self-motivated, good at taking initiative, and comfortable operating under a degree of ambiguity.
- Passionate about the United Way’s mission
- Nimbleness, can-do attitude. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in order to complete them all accurately and on schedule. Willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategy on the fly.
EDUCATION: BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years experience as a journalist, copywriter, social media manager, or other communications professional
Proven work experience with developing copy and creating engaging social media content
Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills, with high attention to detail
Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics/platforms
Analytical and multitasking skills
Demonstrated excellence working work as part of a team, including clear communication in person and by email
Willingness to listen to and incorporate feedback from leadership
Excellent client service skills
Strong knowledge of AP style
Spanish language fluency a plus
Please apply @ www.unitedwaydallas.org