What You Will Do
- Work with a team to direct our on-line services including interacting with our online community.
- Create outlines and shot lists of all slides, video clips, links and other items needed to broadcast online services. Collaborate with Communications Coordinator to create and post pre-worship and during service online announcements.
- Curate shareable social media for strategic programming and parish life.
- Oversee newcomer incorporation including identifying visitors, collecting contact information, creating a checklist, sharing information with those assigned to follow-up, and communicating status of newcomer list weekly.
- Assist in planning wedding and funeral services by meeting with families, scheduling service and use of the facilities, communicate information with Altar Guild director, organist, and Sexton, share information for service bulletins with the Communications Director, and receive family information as needed.
- Maintain a list of persons with pastoral concerns, recruit and assign volunteers to call and visit persons on pastoral care list, communicate immediate needs to clergy, and communicate status of newcomer list weekly.
- Assist clergy with procuring materials for special services, such as Thursday morning Eucharist.
- Assist Good Shepherd Episcopal School Chaplain as requested by Rector.
- Serve as liaison between clergy and Altar Guild director.
- Assign Sunday morning volunteers through Ministry Schedule Pro (MSP) software. Help update and maintain accuracy of MSP database. Train or assist volunteers on how to use the software. Follow-up with volunteers assigned as needed to ensure attendance.
- Assist Rector with his duties and responsibilities for Good Shepherd Episcopal School.
- Provide backup support to Office Coordinator to receive phone calls during office hours as needed and respond or disseminate information, greet visitors, and receive deliveries.
- Coordinate printing service bulletins as needed.
- Work as a team with other administrative staff to serve as back-up for assisting with office equipment including copiers, phone system, postage machine, AV equipment), scheduling unlocking electronic doors for events, and maintaining Google calendar for church events and calendars for Rector and Vicar.
- Other tasks as directed.
Skills you will contribute
To be a successful member of our team, you will bring the following skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook. Experience with Office 365 a plus.
- Experienced with Livestream Studio using an ATEM Mini Switcher or other live switching programs like OBS. Experience operating robo cams preferred.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Interact positively with clergy and staff, Church members, Good Shepherd Episcopal School staff and families, and all office visitors.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, prioritize daily work assignments and be flexible
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Familiarity with Episcopal liturgy and traditions preferred
Full-time employees are eligible for
- Medical and dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid Time Off and holidays
The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd is welcoming community of families who gather to worship following traditional Episcopal liturgy, encourage spiritual growth, and care for our members and those in our community.
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please type: Ministry Coordinator – your name.