Reports to: Senior Manager of Membership and Special Events
The Membership Assistant is primarily responsible for all administrative aspects of membership sales and gift acknowledgements, in addition to database oversight, and participation in special events.
Scope and Impact
The Membership Assistant plays an important role by providing direct administrative support to the Membership Department and Senior Manager of Membership and Special Events, participating in all advancement efforts that include but are not limited to processing membership/donation sales and gift acknowledgement letters, donor and member stewardship/solicitation, supporting special events, preparing meeting agendas, and assisting with creative production of a biannual Modern Fund giving campaign.
• Process donations and memberships, both mailed and over the phone, and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Continually update and correct database records.
• Handle all administrative details associated with Department meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, calendar invitations, reminders, etc.). Includes at least (1) weekly Department Meeting and (1) Special Events meeting
• Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor/member files.
• Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
• Assist with production and mailing of biannual Modern Fund appeal letters, in addition to annual Board solicitation letter.
• Support special events, as needed. This may include some evenings and weekends.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager of Membership
Preparation and Knowledge
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• A minimum of two years' experience in an administrative position or relevant volunteer experience, preferably at a nonprofit agency
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Database experience preferred, specifically a working proficiency with Raiser’s Edge
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Positive attitude and high level of professionalism
• Self-motivated, organized, and proactive collaborator
• Welcomes challenges and is open to learning new skills