TACA – The Arts Community Alliance – supports excellence and impact in the arts through grant-making, capacity building, and thought leadership. We envision an innovative, inclusive, sustainable cultural sector, recognized for its essential contribution to a vibrant, prosperous community. For over 50 years, we have worked to establish North Texas’ cultural community as one of the strongest in the nation. Originally founded in 1967 as an annual charity event, we have become a valued arts funding and service organization, providing an array of grant funds and innovative service programs. Our growing investment in the arts translates to new premieres and productions, impactful residencies and community initiatives, and more opportunities for artists and audiences to connect – all making Dallas a great place to live and work.
The TACA Manager of Membership and Engagement will support the execution of TACA’s development strategy, which is inclusive of the organization’s community engagement and marketing functions. Reporting to the Director of Development, this individual will serve a key role in facilitation of all business development functions – inclusive of membership and annual giving, special events, marketing, and donor database maintenance.
- Manage timeline, mailing lists, and execution of membership mailings for various fundraising appeals
- Track regular donor renewal and prospect records and provide updates to the Director of Development and other staff/board
- Assist with the writing and design of presentation decks, proposals for development and fundraising-related endeavors
- Assist with donor prospect research for new and renewed funding
- Assist in the planning and coordination of TACA’s fundraising events, in partnership with the Director of Development and contract event consultant
- Attend TACA’s Development Committee meetings and maintain meeting minutes
- Help build and track grant proposal pipeline and upcoming underwriting opportunities
- Work with the Director of Development on maintaining accurate donor records
- Assist with the gift entry and acknowledgments in Raiser’s Edge, in partnership with the Director of Finance & Administration
- Strategically shape TACA’s community brand and identity through communications channels, including website, collateral, traditional media, email, and social media in collaboration with the TACA management team and a PR and media consultant
- Collaborate with staff on developing content for important institutional announcements, including press releases and general email announcements
- Develop and manage content development and execution for TACA’s bi-monthly blog, Ampersand
- Interface with various partners – including graphic design, public relations, and printing
- Manage TACA’s social media channels, including content sourcing and regular posting of content (3 posts weekly)
- Maintain and update website content as needed
- Develop copy, manage data, and distribution of TACA’s email communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality, Event Planning, Marketing and Communications, Public Relations, or related fields preferred
- Two years of experience in a nonprofit organizational environment
- Two years of experience with managing or coordinating special events preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and data-driven with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and prioritization skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to problems
- Facility and understanding of social media awareness and engagement strategies
- Ability to assist donors and vendors with a calm, courteous, and helpful manner, and attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, and MailChimp (or similar email system)
- An interest in or familiarity with the Dallas arts and business community
- Able to work a variety of hours to accommodate evening and weekend events, as requested
Reports to the Director of Development
TACA provides full-time employees paid health insurance, life insurance, STD, LTD and parking. PTO benefits are eligible after six months of employment. Full-time employees are eligible to participate in TACA’s 401(k) which is subject to matching contributions. TACA works on a hybrid schedule of 3 to 2 days in office and remotely.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. We kindly ask that you do not call our offices.
TACA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TACA is committed to the equal opportunity of all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law. All offers for employment with TACA, Inc. are contingent upon having successfully completed reference verifications and a criminal background check.