Position: Marketing Manager
Reports to: Executive Director, Marketing and Communications
Summary of Position
The Marketing Manager supports all aspects of marketing for the Women’s Business Council – Southwest (WBCS) but has specific ownership of social media, the eNewsletter, prospecting activities for women-owned businesses, the creation of marketing content, the website, and online advertising. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in a marketing related position and must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while demonstrating a keen sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion.
Member and Prospect Outreach
- Generate prospective member leads through in-person and virtual events, the website form, prospect webinars, and e-mail outreach
- Respond to all general inquiries about WBCS membership and certification received through the website or e-mail
- Develop, maintain, and refine retention tools for members including the online toolkit, member center, website additions, and Spend
- Manage prospect database through ActiveCampaign
- Create and implement social media content calendar through Sprout Social
- Coordinate with national organization (WBENC) to implement directed social media campaigns and event promotions
- Manage paid/boosted ad campaigns on Facebook and LinkedIn
- Create social media content and videos relevant to target audience
Content Creation & Event Marketing
- Compose and send weekly and monthly e-newsletter through MailChimp
- Create marketing content for the blog including case studies, member highlights, event information, and general organizational news; maintain weekly listing of community partner events
- Create event graphics, flyers, print ads, tradeshow marketing materials, and social media graphics using Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Coordinate with photographer for major events and maintain event photo database through Flickr
- Collaborate with Programs Department for event-specific marketing initiatives
- Assist in the development and execution of the comprehensive marketing, branding, and PR strategic plan
- Act as primary liaison between WBCS and website vendor
- Manage all in-house website updates, edits, and content creation while refining user experience
Required Education and Background Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a position(s) with comparable responsibilities
- College degree in marketing or related field
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva or similar
- Experience working with ActiveCampaign, Hubspot, Pardot, Marketo, or similar
- Experience with MailChimp or similar email platform
- Experience with Sprout Social or other social media management tool
- Extremely resourceful and can work independently on projects while effectively managing available resources (people, time, and budget)
- Knowledge of basic HTML and social media platforms
- Program management
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to track, analyze, and report analytics
- Knowledge of targeted marketing tactics
- Proficient in writing for blog, social media, and newsletters
- Must have outgoing, energetic personality, and professional demeanor
- Enjoy working with and talking to people
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate personal computer proficiency in a variety of standard office programs
Preferred Education and Background Experience
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization
- Experience with FileMaker or similar CRM system
- Business development experience
- Experience working with volunteers
Must show past work.
Equipment and Systems/Programs Utilized
Computers with Microsoft Windows operating systems; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher; FileMaker Pro; Adobe Acrobat; Drupal, MailChimp, Canva, ActiveCampaign, Canva, Internet access programs; printers; copiers; and other similar equipment and programs.
Specialized/Technical Skills Required
Intermediate personal computer skills and Internet access capabilities. Basic knowledge of HTML.
Physical Requirements of Position
Sitting and operating a personal computer and telephone for extended periods of time; occasionally standing and walking throughout the day to operate other office equipment; occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds in transporting materials to events, and trade fairs setups; ability to get outside WBCS and other meetings and events, both locally and out of state by automobile and airline travel. Estimated annual travel within the region 15-20 percent
Salary range, based on experience.
Must pass background check for criminal, credit, and DMV history.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com.