KERA is seeking a Marketing Manager to join our team and grow our audience. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Operations, the Marketing Manager will develop promotional strategies for each of the organization’s platforms, including KERA TV, KERA News, KXT and Art&Seek.
WHO WE ARE:
KERA reaches more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA News, KXT and Art&Seek. For more than 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a destination for trusted educational programming and initiatives, community engagement and lifelong learning.
As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
Develop compelling marketing campaigns that grow KERA’s reach and deepen the organization’s value among existing audiences. Build relationships with strategic paid and trade media partners to ensure KERA’s promotions are shared effectively in communities throughout North Texas. Serve as a project manager for key station initiatives.
This is a full-time, exempt position, which is not eligible for overtime. The position is eligible for KERA’s full benefits package (listed below).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create and implement strategic marketing campaigns for all KERA and KXT platforms
- Oversee media buying and planning for tentpole programs and services
- Identify and facilitate partnership opportunities for marketing trade campaigns
- Write compelling copy for broadcast and digital promotions
- Manage production of bi-monthly print member newsletter
- Serve as project manager for core organizational initiatives, specifically those related to TV, education and kids programming and membership.
- Assist with marketing strategy and analytics for social media and email teams
- Uphold and advance KERA’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in all facets of KERA and KXT’s work
- Work closely with the Audience Development team on strategy and coordination of key initiatives and audience engagement
- Be an active participant in KERA’s work towards equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Work in a manner that is consistent with KERA’s mission, vision and values; and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures, including COVID-19 policies
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
This list of job duties is not exhaustive and is subject to regular reviews and updates.
WHO YOU ARE:
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you do not meet every position qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be the right candidate for the job, we would like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, PR or journalism, OR
- At least three years of work in media buying, marketing and PR
- Proven advanced skills in writing marketing copy
- Proficient in promotional campaign development and project management
- Experience in fundraising promotions
- Experience with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and email marketing services
- Ability to complete multiple tasks on deadline
- Has a strong command of the following software: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Office applications
- Demonstrated excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Quick learner who is able to solve problems, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Able to interact and communicate diplomatically with multiple external organizations, internal departments and diverse audiences
BONUS IF YOU BRING:
- Experience with the public broadcasting system and on-air TV or radio
- Passion for and experience in public broadcasting and/or non-profit management
- Knowledge of the North Texas market
$62,000 - $70,000
- Generous vacation, sick, personal time and holidays
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible scheduling and hybrid work environment
- 403b plan with KERA-match after 1 year
- Culture focused on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Robust employee assistance program
KERA is currently operating remotely due to the pandemic, and this job will primarily be performed remotely at this time. We expect that this position will eventually work out of our office at least 50% of the time.
KERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the application on KERA’s employment page and attach a resume and cover letter. https://www.kera.org/about/employment/