The Marketing Manager is responsible for maintaining and strengthening the ACH brand both externally and internally. Guided by the agency’s strategic plan, the Manager oversees efforts in driving awareness and increasing engagement among external stakeholders through digital and traditional media. Internally, the Manager drives the agency’s culture by providing uplifting stories, motivational messaging, news, and updates that help align staff with the agency’s overall mission and strategic objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field from an accredited college or university and 3-years relevant experience in meeting or succeeding client expectations and working across a variety of media channels. Nonprofit experience preferred.
Experience working in a deadline-oriented marketing organization, demonstrating creative ideation and accurate, compelling execution. Possesses exceptional writing and editing skills, donor solicitation experience, a keen understanding of social media platforms, and a passion for storytelling. Experience in brand building and able to conceptualize marketing materials from the viewpoint of intended target audiences. Thorough knowledge of posting to various social media platforms and using content management tools such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Meltwater, etc. Adept at seeking out stories that illustrate ACH’s mission and developing them into print and multimedia messaging (videos, graphics, web content) and then repurposing to other media channels as appropriate. Proven excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork, and organizational skills. Able to take photos and videos and have a good sense of graphic design. Superior written and verbal communications skills.
Must be a strong self-contributor from the planning stages through scheduling, producing, follow through, and reporting outcomes. Produce annual marketing plans that create innovative and compelling communications that drive audience interaction. Able to interpret client input and determine the true “needs” from “wants” to deliver projects that are professional and effective. Must be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgment and ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment. Prepare a monthly social media content calendar and schedule via a content management tool. Help manage content creation through agencies and freelancers. Attention to detail and strong proofing skills are a must. Must have comprehensive knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including WordPress/Elementor, Word, PowerPoint, and other MS Office products as well as Adobe Creative Cloud and Canva. Monitor performance using GA4 and other tools such as SemRush and Meltwater.
Occasional work on weekends and some evenings as necessary.
Exposure to Confidential Information:
The Marketing Manager must maintain confidentiality and follow policies related to personnel records and client records.
- Serve as an evangelist for our message, brand, and content through timely and relevant stories (blogs and print materials), social media, and speaking.
- Ensure the needs of all marketing stakeholders, both internal and external, are met.
- Present self in a professional manner while remaining calm under pressure.
- Trusted to represent ACH well in written/digital communications as well as in person.
- Design and implement marketing and communications campaigns and strategies and monitor their success.
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel that tracks a campaign’s success.
- Help implement public relations and crisis communications plans in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and outside PR counsel.
- Proactively work with all internal programs and staff on a regular basis to develop stories and an information library to use for all internal and social media as well as donor communications.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics, especially GA4.
- Maintain the website and intranet, providing content, improving optimization, managing backend processes, and troubleshooting.
- Report web and social media analytics on a regular basis.
- Plan, arrange and conduct interviews to create compelling stories in all media.
- Work with project owners to ensure the concept, need, deadlines and budgets are within scope and help advance the agency’s strategies.
- Provide creative direction to achieve the objectives of new and existing projects, events, and campaigns put forth by clients ranging from the donor relations team, ACH programs, HR, IT, Training, and other departments, and on occasion, the CEO.
- Actively seeks out and helps define new creative methods and mediums for talking about our programs and donor and volunteer engagement stories across all platforms.
- Increase public and staff awareness and build consensus across various stakeholder groups via media, social media, and advocacy relations.
- Ensure social media platforms are refreshed, relevant and appropriate to the ACH mission and vision.
- Create content for social media, including both text and digital imagery/video.
- Maintain brand standards.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to meeting the needs of our stakeholders (children, community members, team members, donors, executive leadership, and volunteers), in a friendly, outgoing and professional manner.
- Respond to internal and external stakeholders in a timely and thorough manner; do what is necessary to ensure satisfaction and prioritize stakeholder needs.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable initiating work or taking direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Complete additional projects, duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Work with others using a consistent, supportive, and collaborative approach.
Apply through our website www.hiremeach.org