Who We Are:
Our mission at CASA of Collin County is to recruit, train, and support court appointed special advocates (CASA’s): community volunteers who advocate for the best interest of children in the foster care system who need safe, permanent homes. As such, we envision a world where children who experience abuse and neglect are given the opportunity to thrive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds who share a passion for changing the lives of children in foster care for the better. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion, and many other parts of one’s identity.
The primary role of the Marketing & Communications Manager is to support the growth and awareness of the public’s knowledge and understanding about CASA of Collin County’s mission, expand the organization’s visibility locally, and develop and realize methods to ensure a strong influx of volunteers and/or donor prospects. This position will have active and ongoing collaboration with the Chief Program Officer, Volunteer Onboarding Manager, and Volunteer Education Manager. This is a Full-time exempt position and reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Chief Philanthropy Officer to develop a strategic and multifaceted annual marketing plan, maximizing various communication streams, in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Maintains and updates website, with content adjusted as needed.
- Create dynamic, engaging content and graphics for all public-facing communication materials and channels, including recruitment materials, social media, e-newsletters, event promotions, and other.
- Monitors social media accounts daily.
- Author and disseminate press releases and public service announcements regarding CASA’s activities, accomplishments, and other content requested, as approved by CEO.
- Maintains a robust, updated directory and relationship with media contacts and editors of local magazines, radio, newspapers, community blogs, community calendars to facilitate media coverage of CASA’s mission and impact.
- Support the marketing of CASA-hosted events, including identifying and working with third-party printing, mailing, and dissemination of appropriate materials.
- Develop and maintain an internal network and cross-departmental communications to seek out content and impact stories for publications, recruitment and newsletters or mailings.
- Function as the brand steward, helping to ensure that all communications and collateral align under the voice, brand, and style of CASA.
- Manage CASA’s digital assets including categorizing and archiving photos, videos, and marketing materials.
- Supports in seeking and connecting with opportunities for staff speaking opportunities at community associations, service club meetings, activities, and events such as informational booths and hands off to appropriate staff.
- Tracks and reports metrics on the efficiency and outcomes of marketing and outreach projects and expenses with direct supervisor monthly.
- Assist in fundraising event-related tasks such as auction procurement, designing of print materials, event website support, and event marketing.
- Maintains updated constituent mailing lists, CRM profile information, and other CASA-database information as needed.
- Support with internal branded materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience in marketing and public relations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Detail oriented. Effective storyteller with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency and skilled with Microsoft suite, Adobe, and other similar programs.
- Experience of social media platforms, Constant Contact, Word Press, and donor management and event planning systems.
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events.
Please email cover letter, updated resume, and salary range required to Tricia Clifton, CEO & President, HR@casaofcollincounty.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No calls please.