Ronald McDonald House of Dallas (RMHD) is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and dynamic Manager of Special Events to oversee a robust slate of activities that include the organization’s signature fundraising event, Trains at NorthPark, as well as a spring Gala, and third-party events. The Manager of Special Events oversees the budgeting and project management, logistics, facilitation of volunteer planning committees, and vendor relations for RMHD’s fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events.
The successful candidate will have 5 or more years of nonprofit fundraising experience. The role requires organizational skills, attention to detail, creative problem-solving, and excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to liaise with clients, vendors, and event staff. Retail experience is a plus given the nature of Trains at NorthPark.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage several events simultaneously, work well and gracefully under pressure, and always represent the important mission and goals of RMHD. The Manager of Special Events is a member of RMHD’s Development team and reports to the Chief Development Officer.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, in addition to knowledge of donor and event databases such as Raiser’s Edge, Bloomerang, and OneCause. MS Office. Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manages all aspects of special events including event logistics, vendors, event committees and volunteers, auction solicitation, ticket sales, and budgets.
- Plans and implements events according to the overall events calendar and goals for all internal and external events.
- In collaboration with the CDO, works on creating event sponsorships, securing, and cultivating event sponsors, participation and/or donation from individuals, corporations, civic groups, etc.
- Collaborates with Communications Manager on event marketing, materials, etc.
- Organizational liaison to support all third-party events.
- Assists with preparing budgets and providing periodic progress reports on special events and fundraising initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies of a successful candidate:
- Proven track record of generating revenue from events.
- Ability to plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse groups of people.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with entire team and organizational supporters and adjust smoothly to changing priorities.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Personal attributes: outgoing, enthusiastic, flexible, resourceful, team player, follow through and commitment, self-starter, perseverance, and ability to motivate and manage others.
- Analytical skills to report successes, failures and prepare reports.
- Must be able to accomplish projects independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, some college preferred
- Minimum of five years administrative, customer service, events management, or related experience
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and stand; use hands to finger manipulation, handle, feel, reach with arms and hands, and talk and hear.
- The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The vision requirements include close, distance, peripheral, and depth perception.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Ronald McDonald House of Dallas is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the families we serve. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.