About the Manager of Membership & Individual Giving Position
The Manager of Membership & Individual Giving is responsible for promoting the mission of the Nasher Sculpture Center by identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding members and individual donors.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that the overall fundraising objectives of the Nasher Sculpture Center are met or exceeded.
- Achieve individual giving fundraising goals by building relationships with individual donors and prospects to strengthen their relationship with the Nasher Sculpture Center and manage their progression through the moves management cycle.
- Create, implement, and evaluate an annual plan that achieves the individual giving goal and provides robust stewardship for members up to the Miró Circle ($1,000) level, including direct mail and email campaigns and special events.
- Increase donor retention and renewal rates for members up to the Miró Circle ($1,000) level.
- Manage special membership initiatives including the North American Reciprocal Museum Association and The Cultivist.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison for donors up to the Miró Circle ($1,000) level and Corporate Members of all levels.
- Plan and implement twelve membership-related events per year, including exhibition previews, tours, etc.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Development Operations on membership database responsibilities, including running reports and queries, creating appeals, tracking invitations and event participation, and identifying prospects for new or additional support.
- Work in collaboration with the development and external affairs teams to implement membership cultivation and retention programs, incentives, and special offers.
- Work in collaboration with the Manager of Visitor Experiences to train all VE Team Members on membership sales best practices.
‘The Great Create’ Annual Fundraising Event
- Achieve fundraising goals for The Great Create through the following:
- Maintain and execute solicitation campaigns as it relates to The Great Create
- Assist the Manager of Development Communications with communications pertaining to the event
- Act as liaison between The Great Create Co-Chairs and NSC Staff
- Work with the Development Operations Manager to ensure the entry and acknowledgement of all payments as they pertain to the event
Patron Affinity Groups
- With the Director of Development, Individual Giving, participate in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding members of the Nasher’s Patron affinity groups and special event host committees.
- Research and follow trends in fundraising and the philanthropic nature of the community.
- Ad hoc special fundraising campaign management, including for the annual North Texas Giving Day.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Essential Requirements:
- Supports the Nasher’s mission to be an international focal point and catalyst for the study, installation, conservation, and appreciation of modern and contemporary sculpture
- Strong interest in the arts
- Two to five years of experience in a nonprofit setting, preferably in membership, fundraising, or marketing
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree required
- Working knowledge of database programs (Salesforce preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills, and a comfort working with visitors, trustees, members, and donors on the phone and/or in person
- General office environment with occasional work throughout the museum’s facilities (galleries, conference rooms, and exhibit halls) and outdoors
- Significant computer and telephone work (repetitive movement – typing)
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, and climbing stairs with occasional lift of light loads (20lbs)
- Position requires occasional nights and weekends
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
David Leggett, Director of Development, Individual Giving
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. However, priority will be given to candidates who apply by January 5, 2024. Finalists will be asked to provide professional references and work samples. A background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
The Nasher is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status as provided by law.