About Texas Women’s Foundation
Texas Women’s Foundation is a community-supported organization that invests in the power of women and girls to drive positive change. Through research, advocacy, programs, and grantmaking, we advance economic and leadership opportunities for women, girls, and families in Texas.
Culture and Values
Texas Women’s Foundation leads with its values in everything we do from community support to internal decision-making. We believe work should be done with INTEGRITY, INTENTIONALITY, and INCLUSIVITY.
About the Role
The Manager of Information Systems is responsible for the successful operations of the Texas Women’s Foundation’s information technologies. This position will maintain the integrity of donor and fund information and provide support to data and project management as well as strategic analysis and advice to all Foundation departments to execute efficient operations, infrastructure, and support.
- Problem-Solving, Analysis, and Decision Making – Identifies, analyzes, and provides creative and effective solutions to individual and organizational problems; able to analyze financial and development information and data, interpret and evaluate results, and prepare detailed, meaningful reports; gathers appropriate information and makes timely and effective decisions; recognized for the ability to make accurate decisions; takes responsibility for decisions; does not avoid difficulties.
- Strategic Thinking – Sees the big picture and is focused on long-term solutions; senses trends that might impact the organization’s future; able to develop an action-oriented plan; Develops and communicates the roadmap for change and innovation required to achieve the organization’s vision; Engages others to create common goals that support the organization’s vision.
- Detail-Oriented – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks; Compares observations or finished work to what is expected to find inconsistencies; Remains aware and takes care of details that are easy to overlook or dismiss as insignificant.
- Professional Expertise – Demonstrates a strong understanding of the principles, practices, and functions related to areas of responsibility. Stays current with developments and trends related to areas of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below; other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Provides analysis and advice to the VP – Development and the Development department on coding priorities, donor management, and departmental policies and procedures
- Develops standards and monitors and evaluates IT system processes that influence the quality of services to donors
- Develops and implements systems for tracking and reporting on revenue goals
- Serves as the Foundation’s development database and website (Blackbaud) expert
- Processes donations and pledges in Blackbaud Raisers Edge; Records, tracks, and reports on donor gifts
- Provides administrative and data management support to ensure the integrity of the Foundation’s data
- Manages the Foundation’s donor database, including creating, implementing, and monitoring compliance with database protocols
- Supports the Finance department in the maintenance of the accounting software (Blackbaud Financial Edge) and Grants and Programs team with grant management software (Blackbaud Grant Management)
- Integrate external systems with Blackbaud, i.e. Mobile Cause, employee giving sites, Red Arc
- Supports the Development department in designing and implementing custom queries
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of strategic funds
- Creates and updates donor records, works with staff to manage their “portfolios”
- Trains Foundation team in database operations, and provides guidance based on best practices
- Assists with special projects and events as needed
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Strong aptitude for project management
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential material in a responsible and respectable manner
- Absolute attention to detail, especially when managing multiple projects at any one time
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a strong team contributor
- Keen sense of organization and prioritization to consistently meet deadlines
- “What else can I do?” mentality and above-and-beyond customer service approach with internal and external audiences
- Intellectual curiosity and thirst for knowledge required
- Must deliver strong initiative, anticipation, and innovative thinking
- Focus on continuous improvement, always thinking of ideas to improve processes and procedures
- Ability to professionally represent the Foundation in all interactions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical skills – Blackbaud and Microsoft Office suite
- Self-starter with the ability to work well as part of a team and with a variety of people
- Ability to execute long and short-range plans in the context of a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of experience in Blackbaud database management, data analysis, multi-faceted campaigns, prospect research, and nonprofit strategy and development (or equivalent)
- Proven success in data-based analysis and project management
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Moderate to high stress level
- Regular and predictable attendance with hybrid work schedule - Monday and Friday work from home and Tuesday-Thursday work from office
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional standing and lifting of at least 5 pounds
- Long periods of sitting
- Occasional weekend and/or evening availability for Foundation and external stakeholder events
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com