CCA is looking for an enthusiastic, detailed-oriented, highly organized, results-driven individual with excellent writing skills, adept at managing, and prioritizing multiple projects on time with flawless execution. The Manager of Foundation Relations will possess demonstrated expertise in fundraising. This role will be responsible to identify, cultivate and secure revenue from trusts, foundations, and corporate grants. The Manager of Foundation Relations will maintain a personal portfolio of new relationships and provide grant management for key existing funders, as well as lead efforts to create a robust pipeline of new strategic partners to grow and diversify CCA’s revenue streams. The Manager of Foundation Relations will provide leadership through engaging new partners, increasing both restricted and unrestricted funding as well as provide strategic input to leverage both local and national grant opportunities. This role will require extensive collaboration with the Director of Development (DOD), the Controller, Director of Programs (DOP), and President and CEO to achieve these goals.
- Be a “hands on” fundraiser by driving new business through researching and creating a portfolio of strategic foundation partnerships.
- Serves as the lead on foundation pipeline activity, undertaking prospecting activities and research to deliver a thoroughly researched pipeline of prospects, designing cultivation strategies for each prospect in collaboration with the DOD, and facilitating accurate monthly prioritization and financial reforecasting exercises to ensure all systems are up to date.
- Responsible for writing, editing, and submission of grants from both new and existing foundation and corporate grant sources.
- Work to achieve financial and performance goals that have been set with the DOD, including developing and tracking revenue projections and new funders.
- Ensures team’s maximum awareness of CCA’s programs and fundraising opportunities, including developing and keeping updated information on CCA’s services, success stories, projects and initiatives requiring funding.
- Develops and prepares high quality written materials, writes, edits and reviews foundation and corporate grant proposals, communications, award submissions, and stewardship reporting.
- Ensures grant compliance with adherence to all stipulations and regulations related to successful grants, helping to interpret and prepare information for donors.
- Ensures full and timely records of foundation and corporate activity, including proposals and reports.
- Provides regular Foundations and corporate grant reports to the DOD.
- Performs other reasonable tasks assigned by the DOD and President and CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or English or 5+ years of successful experience in portfolio management and frontline solicitation.
- Experienced in developing and progressing corporate and foundation relationships, researching and qualifying prospects to grow a strong prospect pipeline.
- Strong working knowledge of philanthropic motivations and current trends in gift giving and strong understanding of financial management including budgeting and forecasting.
- Exceptional relationship building, interpersonal, verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
- Effectively works with and collaborates with all levels of organizational staff and external constituents.
- Excellent grant writing skills and proven success of obtaining five/six figure grants.
- Excellent diplomacy, discretion, and persuasiveness skills, as well as the confidence to deal with a range of external audiences including those at a very senior level.
- Strong literacy in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and donor databases.
- Demonstrated ability to craft polished, concise communications for a variety of audiences and articulate the case for support to stakeholders.
- Proactive problem-solver with an ability to think creatively and critically, and to use own initiative.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively manage priorities and take initiative.
- Must be able to articulate effectively, both in writing and orally inside and outside CCA, our Mission Statement of “In the name of Jesus Christ…” by providing a clear understanding of CCA’s culture and vision.
- Previous management skills a plus as this department is expected to grow further.
About Christian Community Action (CCA)
In the name of Jesus Christ, Christian Community Action ministers to the poor by providing comprehensive services to alleviate suffering, bring hope, and change lives. Since 1973, CCA has led the way for people living in poverty. Our holistic approach from rescue to transition helps families in need achieve self-sufficiency by offering a “hand up” instead of a hand-out. The families we serve are guided through three phases of our programming; rescue, relief, and restoration; to fulfill our commitment to help them achieve self-sufficiency.
Please email your resume and a cover letter with salary history to Tiffani.Davis@ccahelps.org, noting “Manager of Foundation Relations” in the subject line. In your letter, please speak directly to your experience and interest in working with CCA along with your salary history. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.