Position: Manager of Annual Programs
Reports to: Senior Director of Major Gifts
Direct Reports: One
Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Benefits: Full Museum benefits
Schedule: M-F 9-5; non-standard including evenings and weekends
Mission: The Dallas Museum of Art is a space of wonder and discovery where art comes alive.
The DMA will:
- Place art and our diverse communities at the center around which all activities radiate.
- Pursue excellence in collecting and programming, present works of art across cultures and time, and be a driving force in contemporary art.
- Strengthen our position as a prominent, innovative institution, expanding the meaning and possibilities of learning and creativity.
Scope of the Position:
The Manager of Annual Programs is responsible for all donor membership groups and the Annual Fund. In Coordination with the Senior Director of Major Gifts, the Manager guides strategy and oversight of renewal and acquisition process for the DMA Circle ($1,000 - $25,000); along with Museum Affinity Groups: Junior Associates ($250 - $500), Family Forum ($1k), Decorative Arts and Design Initiative (DADI) ($2500), and Contemporary Art Initiative (CAI) ($15,000 - $25,000). The Manager actively reports on progress to financial goals. The Manager also works with the Senior Director of Major Gifts and the Office of Special Events on the delivery of membership benefits and events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage vital membership function for the DMA Circle and Affinity Groups including solicitations, renewals, and acknowledgments
- Coordinate DMA Member solicitations and/or renewals strategy with Senior Director of Major Gifts and Senior Manager Donor Operations and Analytics
- Actively cultivate relationships with DMA Circle and Affinity Group members
- Provide excellent customer service and facilitate VIP access to the Museum
- With the Department of Advancement Services, mine development database for upgrade prospects and deliver ongoing, regular, and rigorous efforts to upgrade DMA Members
- Manage and implement ongoing calendar of upgrade/solicitation campaigns
- Supervises the Annual Giving Coordinator
- With the Senior Director of Major Gifts, work with the DMA Development Committee and other key leaders to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective DMA members
- Work and attend various DMA events, including DMA Circle and Affinity Group events
- With the Senior Director of Major Gifts, collaborate with the Office of Special Events on the design and execution of upper-level member benefits and events
- Track progress to financial goals and retention rate goals
- Manage all content and functionality updates to DMA Circle related content, including online membership forms and DMA.org website
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Certification:
- Bachelors’ degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, preferably in a cultural or arts organization required
- Previous experience with membership programs required; mid-level giving experience preferred
- Previous experience using Raisers Edge or other database experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong strategic skillset focused on building and growing membership programs
- Ability and enthusiasm for building relationships with donors
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with volunteers as well as staff members
- An enthusiasm and deep appreciation for the mission and aspirations of the DMA
- Financial literacy, with an understanding of numbers and an ability to track, analyze, and share financial data in an accurate and comprehensive way
- Familiarity with the philanthropic community of Dallas a plus
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
Our Core Values
- Act with Integrity: Be open, honest, and ethical.
- Communicate Openly: Be constructive, transparent, and respectful.
- Build Inclusivity: Diverse backgrounds make us stronger.
- Join Forces: Support collaboration and unity.
- Work Passionately: Be fearless, creative, and solutions-driven.
- Embrace and Drive Change: Be nimble, there is always a way to yes.
- Invest in Each Other: Pursue learning.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The Dallas Museum of Art fosters equity, celebrates diversity, and supports inclusion. We acknowledge that diverse backgrounds and voices of visitors, volunteers, trustees, staff, and communities represented in the collection make us stronger and better equipped to make positive impacts locally, nationally, and internationally.
Society’s historical legacies and systemic barriers have created disparities in the communities we serve. Knowing this, we strive to expand and enhance arts opportunities for all.
Many factors—including but not limited to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetics, economic backgrounds, and experiences—make individuals and groups unique. Our goal is to ensure visitors, volunteers, trustees, staff, and collections reflect this diversity.
We commit to listening to and learning from diverse voices and perspectives. We create a vibrant and accessible social space that encourages dialogue and the exchange of ideas through arts and culture.
The Dallas Museum of Art is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The DMA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required on your start date unless an exemption has been approved by the DMA via a bonafide medical or religious accommodation.
Please apply directly on our DMA job board by and pasting this link: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1031116
Under the referred by section please enter "Center for Nonprofit Management."