Operation Kindness is seeking a Development Manager (Major Gifts Officer) to join our Development team! Operation Kindness is a pioneer in Texas for assisting animals in need of veterinary care, companionship and most of all, a home.
We offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 403b plan, generous PTO, paid holidays and more!
Details about the role:
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Assistant Development Director
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Fund Development Manager is responsible for strengthening and implementing fund development efforts connected to the mission, vision, development plan, and strategic plan for the organization. The Fund Development Manager works closely with the Assistant Development Director, Development Director, Development team, CEO, Leadership, Board of Directors, and Operation Kindness staff to implement and sustain organizational goals with diversified, sustainable revenue.
The position is responsible for securing funds and major gifts to meet or exceed the fundraising budget as established by the Board of Directors and the CEO by following the established Fundraising plan. Manage a group of assigned qualified Donors of 100 – 125 to retain, cultivate, and upgrade their giving and involvement with the organization as well as identify, recruit,and maintain new Donors.
· Manage a portfolio of 100-125 donors and prospects and increase the value of the portfolio by 10%.
· Maintain 5-7 meetings with Donors per week including tours of the shelter, off-site meetings, informative and meaningful conversations with donors.
· Make 3-5 phone calls to donors and prospects per day to set up meetings and cultivate donors.
· Solicit gifts from donors for signature fundraising events.
· Collaborate with the development team to strategize fundraising ideas and goals to maximize revenue.
· Input information into donor management software to track and cultivate Donors and potential prospect.
· Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition.
· Add 20 new donors/prospects per year into personal portfolio.
· Responsible specifically for the following line items in the budget but not limited to: Individual Donations Max Fund, Enrichment Fund, Medical Fund, Bricks/Stones, Capital Giving, NTGD, Dog and Cat Runs, Event Sponsors.
· Identify, manage, and cultivate relationships with existing major and intermediate donor prospects.
· Continuous identification of major donor prospects through Raiser’s Edge Software.
· Solicitation of auction items for fundraising events.
· Identify and recruit volunteers for fundraising event committees.
· Actively recruit new community event opportunities and revenue streams.
· Collaborate with Development Director and Development team to adhere to revenue and expenses outlined in the budget.
· Meet the fundraising goal as established by the Director of Development and the CEO.
· Collaborate with Development team, CEO, and Board of Directors to maximize revenue.
· Fundraising event net revenue increase by 10% each year.
· Reports suspicion of animal abuse or neglect to any Manager or above immediately.
· Reports any unsafe working conditions to any Manager or above immediately.
· Follows SOPs and other safety regulations at all times.
· Completes all necessary and requested training in a timely manner in accordance with shelter policy.
· Attends staff meetings.
· Participates in shelter events as requested by Supervisor.
· Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in social services, marketing, business, management, or other related area.
· Minimum 3 years experience in Non-Profit Development, Fundraising, or other related field. 2 years or more Major Gifts experience strongly preferred.
· Feels and expresses a genuine liking for animals and for working in an animal care environment.
· Supports Operation Kindness’s mission and understands how it is organized and functions as a non-profit organization.
· Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of web design and related software.
· Proficient in MS applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and Publisher.
· Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
· Strong oral and written communications skills.
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
· Knowledge of and/or experience with animal welfare organizations desired.
· Experience working with volunteers desired.
· Is able to work equally well with paid staff members, clients and volunteers.
· Is able to relate well to persons with varied backgrounds and beliefs.
· Has a positive attitude; is open to new ideas.
· Physical Effort: Position requires lifting and carrying animals and shelter materials weighting up to 20 lbs.; when animals or materials weigh over 20 lbs., another staff member will assist in the lifting and carrying. Position requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time and speaking over the telephone.
Working Conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches, and animal diseases
Background checks and drug screens are part of the hiring process.
Operation Kindness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics or status.
Please send resume to email@example.com.