At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our team, you can help save lives every day. You’ll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growth, learning, and succeeding.
**This is a remote role from Dallas, but will need to travel into the office 1-2 times a week and meet with donors in the Dallas market**
What You’ll Do: Identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective Regional donors in expanding their financial support of the work of the American Red Cross. Manage assigned portfolio of donors, sponsors and prospects to meet monthly, quarterly and annual revenue a goals. As required, serve as operational resource to team members to ensure consistent and effective implementation of donor development plans. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
1. Develop and execute ongoing Regional strategy for qualifying donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions as well as recapture from previous donors. Work collaboratively with other departments and fundraising staff to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect.
2. Manage assigned portfolio of donors and prospects with intent to form deep relationships. Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal tied to segmented or blended portfolio as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Develop donor management plans for entire portfolio resulting in strategic, knowledgeable and complex asks. Solicit assigned donor portfolio through face to face visits, including preparation of personalized materials. Revenue target may increase due to major domestic disasters. Serve as mentor/informal leader to team members and operational resource in the areas of retention and strengthening donor relationships.
3. Implement a program/activity to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors at the $5,000 level or higher, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the American Red Cross. Work with leadership volunteers to identify and cultivate appropriate donors and partner with assigned Gift Planning staff to solicit giving prospects among identified donors. Update donor records in region and/or district database and Salesforce.com following donor contacts.
4. Develop ongoing relationships, cultivate, solicit and steward support of major donors from individuals, corporations and foundations to meet annual fundraising goals within the region. Support volunteer leaders in peer-to-peer outreach, (if appropriate) using giving societies such as the Tiffany Circle Society as a key program. Assist corporations in achieving their goals in strengthening their brand, marketing, and employee engagement. Articulate Red Cross programs, listen to corporations’ needs and align programs to their interests. Prepare grant proposals, and engage foundation staff and board members to cultivate and solicit support for the American Red Cross.
What We Need From You:
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of sales and/or fundraising experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required. Proven experience in developing strategies for donor retention growth and recapture and proven success with complex requests is required. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Skills & Abilities: Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce.com). Ability to work on a team within a collaborative environment and ensure the highest customer service orientation.
Travel: Frequent travel within the Region required. The amount will vary depending upon size and geography of region.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
What’s In It For You?
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
Please apply online at www.redcross.org/jobs and search for RC59259