The Major Gift Officer is responsible for managing donor relationships in partnership with the Vice President – Development. The focus of this position is fundraising for target gifts between $10,000 and $50,000 for THE LUNCH, the Organization’s annual fundraiser and the capital campaign. The Major Gift Officer will also support the Vice President, Development to raise gifts above $50,000 up to $2.5M.
Goodwill Dallas seeks to create an inclusive and dynamic team environment where people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives can thrive and have a positive impact to achieving our mission. This job posting generally captures the key duties and qualifications for the role but is not considered to be all inclusive. If this opportunity and the Goodwill Dallas mission speak to you, we encourage you to apply.
Overview of Goodwill Industries of Dallas, Inc.
Goodwill Industries of Dallas, Inc. exists to help persons with disabilities and other barriers to employment get jobs so that each can experience dignity, purpose, and self-sufficiency. Goodwill does this by helping people build skills, find jobs, and reach their goals in life through a donated goods business, workforce development and other social enterprise models. Here are our core beliefs:
- We believe each person has unique abilities and can make a meaningful contribution in life.
- We believe jobs are transformational to individual lives and communities.
- We believe in a hand up, not a hand out.
Goodwill prides itself on an engaging and welcoming work environment, where we demonstrate our core values of Respect, Commitment, Improvement, and Integrity on a daily basis.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate donor relationships through visits volunteer opportunities & other awareness-building activities.
- Demonstrate an ability to connect with Goodwill’s mission emotionally and share that in compelling ways.
- Solicit donors with appropriate & regular asks.
- Demonstrate an ability to organize, prioritize, and systematically cultivate between 100-150 donor relationships – including individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Create and execute an annual donor engagement plan.
- Qualify donors.
- Create individual goals for each donor.
- Create a plan for each donor.
- Work with program and marketing department to secure appropriate project information.
- Create offers and asks.
- Create monthly reports that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance.
- Steward donor relationships through timely & relevant gratitude.
- Responsible for planning and execution of donor relations and fundraising activities
- Oversees gift processing in partnership with Accounting.
- Builds strong donor relationships through cultivation and stewardship.
- Actively engages volunteer leadership (Board) in development activity.
- Works collaboratively with the Marketing Department on various projects.
- This includes, but is not limited to, writing articles and letters for the quarterly newsletter and annual report.
- Responsible for participating in professional activities to continually enhance Goodwill Industries of Dallas’ image in the community and enhance professional network.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of competency and knowledge in the field through professional development and a commitment to growth.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience soliciting gifts over $25,000.
- Knowledge and practice of the ethical standards within the fundraising industry.
- Ability to work effectively with donors, staff, board, volunteers and various committees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple projects, work under pressure to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent organization, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office desktop applications.
- Knowledge of relational databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Experience writing for organizational newsletters, annual reports and other communication pieces.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends to support events and volunteer activities.
If you are interested in this role, please apply directly at www.goodwilldallas.org/work at goodwill.