Legacy Cares Board of Directors is the governing body, overseeing the mission and internal
operations of the agency. Board members are elected for a two-year term and hold fiscal and
managerial responsibility. Board members are responsible for making decisions, and ensuring
those decisions are carried out in the intended manner. Board Members serve as ambassadors
for the agency and are expected to uphold the mission throughout the community.
What you’ll do:
- Lead by example.
- Provide your professional experience and advice in the agency.
- Be knowledgeable of and serve as an ambassador for the agency’s mission, programs, and services.
- Understand the financial statements and ensure strong fiduciary oversight and financial
- Be a willing participant, volunteering for activities and assignments and seeing them
- Attend monthly Board meetings and serve on at least one (1) sub-committee and attend
committee meetings regularly.
- Commit to an annual philanthropic commitment as determined by the bylaws and assist
- Actively engage community members, sponsors, donors, and potential sponsors/donors;
identifying and securing financial resources and partnerships to advance the agency’s
- Stay abreast of Board matters, preparing for meetings by reviewing and commenting on
issues of importance.
- Participate in the creation of the strategic plan.
- Leverage your network, connections, and resources to develop action to fully achieve
the organization’s mission, including fundraising activities for the agency.
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a ‘fire in the belly’ to give back to the community.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and a letter of interest to Jeff Gonzales at Jeff@legacyboard.org.