The Career & Financial Coach works on behalf of Jewish Family Service to provide a thorough, self-directed, individualized approach to promoting the lifelong self-sufficiency and well-being for the Greater Dallas community. The Coach offers career, financial education and coaching expertise to support and reach client-identified goals. The position works to provide the core elements of the Working Family Success model (WFS) to help clients achieve increased income, improved credit scores and a reduction of debt. This position supports, promotes and furthers our goal of providing the highest standards of culturally relevant and sensitive professional service consistent with our mission.
- Assesses the Client’s current needs, abilities and works with Client to develop a job search, providing guidance and coaching throughout process.
- Provides both career and financial coaching using the WFS coaching initiative.
- Develops effective coaching strategies to identify, and address, each individual’s obstacles, suggesting strategies for career search success.
- Delivers career and financial coaching in person, zoom, by phone and/or by email as determined appropriate for each Client.
- Reviews and/or helps to create effective resumes and cover letters; focuses on effective interviewing techniques.
- Establishes trust and respect during individual meetings to maintain effective relationships with Clients.
- Holds Clients accountable for directing and managing their job search.
- Introduces a wide range of prospective jobs during the employment coaching process.
- Analyzes the data, processes and results and introduces program improvements, as necessary.
- Develops workshops and training curriculum with the Career & Financial Services team.
- Conducts workshops, information sessions and identifies other professionals in the community to support the on-going educational opportunities.
- Connects Client to necessary additional financial, mental health resources and services at Jewish Family Service and in the community.
- Plans, markets, leads classes, trainings, workshops and represents Financial Empowerment Services at events and partner locations.
- Conducts outreach in the community.
- Stays up to date on Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) changes and other available resources for individuals.
- Maintains service and participant data using ETO software.
- Maintains accurate and confidential records and documentation including intake documentation, case notes, and service plans.
- Assists in coordinating weekly orientation sessions for incoming program participants.
- Follows up with employed Clients and tracks their success for 12 months.
Knowledge and Skills
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor Degree along with the following skills:
- Financial Coaching certification or ability to complete in first 12 months of employment.
- Experience in recruiting or direct client service experience and a passion to help others.
- Excellent communication skills, including active and intuitive listening.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish.
- Paid time-off, flexible schedule, life insurance, military leave, prescription drug coverage, 401k match, employee referral program, employee events, retirement / pension plans, paid sick days, parking, professional development, flexible spending accounts, medical, dental, vision.
JFS provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and veteran status, except in the case of those positions in which religion is, in the opinion of JFS, an essential factor. Employment opportunities include but are not limited to recruitment, employment placement, promotion, demotion, transfer, termination, compensation, use of facilities and participation in JFS sponsored events.
Please click on the link below and review the position in order to apply: