Title: Intake Coordinator
Approved: February 28, 2022
Reports to: Director of Client Services
The Intake Coordinator provides the first interactions that a client has with The Stewpot. They are responsible for providing the client with information about The Stewpot and partner agencies and signing up the client for services or referring them to another agency. The coordinator is also responsible for overseeing the mail distribution program and other services at the front desk.
This is a full time position working during the hours of 8 am- 4 pm.
- Manage intake list for casework, partner agencies
- Pre-screen client for appropriate services.
- Explain Stewpot services to clients (dates, times, details, etc.).
- Refer clients to outside agencies and programs to meet client’s needs by providing directions, contact information and any other information on hand.
- Communicate with caseworkers and partner agencies about clients on the intake list.
- Coordinates mail sorting and distribution
- Provide grievance forms and collect them for clients who express a concern regarding The Stewpot and Stewpot staff.
- Enroll/update/exit participants from the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and The Stewpot database.
- Keep Stewpot services sheet up to date
- Keep front desk area clean and organized
- Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people including peers, superiors and subordinates, inside and outside of the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is seen as approachable.
- Attention to Detail: Consistently attends to the many small pieces which must be assembled into an organized whole; follows up on missing or out of balance items; resolves unanswered questions needed to address a problem; keeps the larger picture in mind while tending to the smallest of details.
- Compassion and Care: Exudes a natural sense of care for the well-being of others; responds with empathy to the life circumstances of others; communicates a sense of support in his or her very presence; demonstrates appropriate and boundaried expressions of care.
- Initiative: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and energetic about worthwhile activities; not fearful of taking calculated risks; seizes opportunities; sets demanding but achievable objectives for self and others.
- Team Orientation: : demonstrates interest, skill and success in team environments; promotes group goals ahead of personal agendas; steps up to offer self as a resource to other members of the team; understands and supports the importance of teamwork; shares credit for success with others, takes responsibility for his or her part in team failures
· High School Diploma
· Advanced education in social work related field is beneficial.
· Computer proficient in Word, Internet Explorer, Excel; willingness and ability systems.
This description contains the information and facts considered necessary to describe and evaluate the duties of this position fairly and equitably. It should not be considered an exhaustive description of all the work requirements to be performed, but indicates the kinds of duties and levels of responsibility required by the position. The Director of Client Services may add or remove responsibilities as occasion may require.
Send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.