Position: Individual Giving Manager
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Development and Marketing
Location: Dallas, TX
Type: Full-time, 40 hours/week
ABOUT MOSAIC FAMILY SERVICES
Mosaic Family Services is a safe haven for survivors of human rights abuses including intimate partner violence and human trafficking. Mosaic provides shelter, counseling, and comprehensive social services as well as legal representation. Mosaic Family Services transforms, empowers, and rebuilds our clients’ lives through culturally competent services.
The Individual Giving Manager will work together with the Senior Director of Development and Marketing in managing Mosaic’s overall development efforts by raising awareness of and revenue for Mosaic through appeals and solicitations, special events, corporate giving, individual donor recruitment, retention and stewardship, and database oversight. This position also manages the Development Assistant.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Director of Development in creating and implementing fund development and communication strategies to ensure the organization’s long-term sustainability by developing an annual plan that addresses the organization’s strategic goals, fundraising, volunteer, and community relation needs.
- Responsible for growing revenue from individual donors by increasing the number of donors, increasing the average gift, and moving donors with capacity into a major gifts pipeline. This includes all phases of the fundraising cycle: identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, and stewardship of donors.
- Manage the monthly giving program, “You Belong Here” to increase the number of donors annually and the amount each individual gives.
- Manage the “Champions of Human Rights” Society (donors giving $1,500 or more annually) which includes recruitment of new members, stewardship, and retention.
- Create, organize, and manage the organization’s fundraising event(s), and any third-party events.
- Create, organize, and execute awareness-raising events (donor “site visits,” solicitation campaigns, etc.) with the goal of identifying new donors.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure any materials needed for appeals, stewardship, and solicitations are donor-centered and compelling.
- Manage the work of the Development Assistant, which includes activities such as oversight of donor database accuracy, reporting, and gift entry; logging in-kind donations; acknowledgment letters, and so on.
- Participates in monthly revenue reconciliation with Finance Department.
- Other duties as required by the Senior Director of Development.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three to five years of professional fundraising experience.
- Experience in nonprofit development and event planning.
- Experience using customer relationship management software, preferably Bloomerang.
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing to contact and interact with donors.
- Flexibility in schedule and ability to attend events after work hours or on weekends.
- Organized, creative, and detail oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
- Experience using social media platforms in a professional setting (Facebook, LinkedIn, MailChimp, etc.).
Salary: $55,000 + DOE annually
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Retirement matching
- Paid Time Off, holidays, parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Mosaic is committed to creating and advancing a culture of inclusion, diversity and belonging where all feel engaged, respected, and valued. Mosaic will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, familial status, or disability. We strongly encourage persons with lived experiences of our client populations in addition to members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQIA+ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, people with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.