TITLE: Inclusion (Lomdim) Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Youth Learning + Engagement
REPORTS TO: Director of Youth Education
HOURS: 8 hours per week, August through May, including 4 hours on Sundays on-site from 8:30am-12:30pm, and 8 additional hours remotely during the week.
BENEFITS: Childcare provided on Sundays for children ages 6 months to 4 years. Discounted YL+E tuition for Kindergarten through 12th grade children.
ABOUT TEMPLE EMANU-EL AND YL+E:
Temple Emanu-El is a large, vibrant Reform Jewish congregation in Dallas, Texas. It is a place of sacred encounter, where learning, prayer, and deeds change people’s understanding of themselves, their world, and their responsibilities in it. Youth Learning + Engagement (YL+E) is Temple Emanu-El’s supplemental Jewish education and engagement program serving over 500 students and their families from kindergarten through 12th grade, taking place primarily on Sunday mornings. Temple Emanu-El is a fun, collaborative, high-energy workplace. Learn more about us at www.tedallas.org.
Lomdim, “learners” in Hebrew, is the YL+E educational program serving students with disabilities, designed to meet the needs of all types of learners. The Inclusion (Lomdim) Coordinator ensures our YL+E Sunday programs are inclusive of all our students and families. Working especially closely with the students with disabilities and their families, the Coordinator will ensure all learning needs and accommodations are met. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Supervising and providing assistance to the teacher of the partial-pullout Lomdim class, offering ongoing feedback and direction.
- Supervising and providing assistance to our team of one-on-one shadows, offering feedback and direction.
- Supporting the YL+E faculty to ensure the learning needs of all their students are met within their classrooms.
PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- Experience working with children and teens with disabilities and their families, preferably in a school, extracurricular, or therapeutic setting
- Experience supervising, supporting, and providing feedback to teachers, counselors, or aids working with children with disabilities
- Ability to relate to kids of all varying and abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Oversee and coordinate the Lomdim program on Sunday mornings, serving students with disabilities and their families, to ensure meaningful involvement and success in the religious school and Hebrew programs for these students.
- Supervise the Lomdim shadows and teachers, making yourself available to them to answer questions, and providing ongoing direction, assessment, and training.
- Create relationships and support the Lomdim students and their families as they enroll and participate in Lomdim.
- Provide curriculum materials and lesson plans to the Lomdim teacher for the Lomdim class.
- Provide support to our YL+E faculty on how to help specific students and create inclusive learning environments.
- As needed, providing professional development to the full YL+E faculty on topics of inclusion, accessibility, and differentiated classroom learning.
Please email resume and two references to Andrew Paull, Director of Youth Education, at email@example.com