Assist the VP of Programs to provide afterschool programming and meals at the Incarnation House drop-in program which serves 25-30 under-housed and at-risk teens who attend North Dallas High School.
- Work with program staff to organize and facilitate daily dinner for students: Order food, keep track of food donations from donors, and check “Meal Train” for scheduled meals being prepared or provided by volunteers
- Verify and facilitate scheduled programming from community partners: Organize and participate in local field trips - college tours, daily outings, and school events.
- Maintain attendance logs using student roster (update at least weekly adding new student names and change of address or phone number for students and parents).
- Organize rides home through Uber, Lyft, and HopSkipDrive apps for students on a daily basis - scheduling rides before each session, verifying student attendance during each session, and canceling rides for absent students - using company cell phone and credit card
- Using daily student roster, print out and complete student ride slips for security guard: Assist with transitioning students from programming to rides home; Assist with classroom, kitchen and bathroom clean up at the end of programming.
- Update social media account with pictures of community events, student/staff cooking days, and holiday parties at least weekly.
- Update and notify community partners to complete background checks for volunteer opportunities.
- Communicate with students and always maintain professional decorum with regard to disciplinary actions.
Submit cover letter and resume to Jarrett Duren firstname.lastname@example.org