The Manager of Finance - Foundation serves as a key financial resource for the BSW Foundations. This position is recognized as knowledgeable in all areas of Non-Profit Foundation Finance. The Manager of Finance - Foundation interacts with administrators and physicians to create an atmosphere of trust and competency in the representation of financial and restricted fund information. They support monthly close, donor and development financial needs, and the strategic financial planning and budgeting processes at the BSW Foundations. They work with employee and physician fund users to service their financial needs with Foundation resources. They communicate in a positive manner the requirements and controls necessary to monitor and maintain compliance with fund restrictions to the BSW Foundations and other fund users.
The Ideal Foundation Finance Manager candidate has a background in Foundation finance and accounting and to clearly communicate financial and restricted fund information to nonfinancial Foundation stakeholders.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Participate in the monthly review and variance analysis of the Foundation financial statements to ensure completeness, accuracy and relevance.
- Review and support monthly financial reporting process by the 15th of each month.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports and analysis related to fundraising and specific funds to present information to service line leadership and other stakeholders.
- Prepare multi-year plans for restricted fund use for health system service lines with restricted funds. Monitor fund use and fund reporting.
- Prepare necessary fund information to be discussed with administrative liaisons and fund users.
- Participate in the annual audit process and in preparation of schedules for use in completion of the Federal income tax returns and other schedules for annual audits.
- Support strategic financial planning and budget process at the Foundation Ensure that the Foundation staff understand monthly financial information, attest to the information, and respond to Foundation finance informational requests.
- Support as needed Foundation financial and fund information requests.
- Performs other positions appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 2-5 years experience in financial accounting role required. Foundation experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and history of use of Blackbaud Software, including Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office 365 tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), emphasis on Excel.
- Business reporting skills and experience in creating dashboards, interpreting results, and communicating financial information.
- Skills in reporting, especially experience in Power BI or Smartsheet.
- Date and analytically driven.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Masters in accounting required, CPA preferred
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level #WorkplaceFlex
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years experience required
Link to job posting and application found on the bottom