International Esperanza Project-IEP is a registered nonprofit corporation located in Dallas with the mission of inspiring hope in people in the developing world thorough healthcare, community infrastructure, and education projects. IEP organizes six to eight yearly humanitarian mission trips to Guatemala where volunteers work in one or more of the three project areas.
IEP is looking for a motivated and energetic person to act as Project Manager for Humanitarian Mission Trips and as a Recruiter of team members and team leaders for these trips. The candidate must possess strong organizational, project management, networking and communication skills.
- Identify volunteers with the right skills and talents for humanitarian mission work
- Build partnerships with individuals and entities to access pools of potential volunteers
- Define a process for ongoing recruitment of volunteers
- Recruit team members for mission teams
- Recruit and train team leaders for mission teams
- Meet regularly with team leaders as part of trip preparation
- Directly communicate with potential team members to provide trip information
- Maintain lists of team members for all teams
- Collect and manage payments, applications and documentation from all team members and organize this information
- Procure airline tickets and travel insurance for team members
- Maintain communications with team members leading up to trip departure
- Liaise with staff in Guatemala for trip planning
- Travel with teams when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Strong Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Passion for working with non-profits
- Flexibility for travel outside of the USA
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Pamela Larrave at email@example.com.