The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, payroll processing, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Process bi-weekly payrolls for exempt and non-exempt employees to include new hires, terms, status changes, wage garnishments, deductions and paid time off accruals.
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; maintain the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Administer the compensation program; implement and monitor the performance management program.
- Perform benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Conduct recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel and temporary employees; post job announcements; conduct new-employee onboarding and orientation.
- Handle employee relations counseling
- Help set staff meeting agendas, coordinating and arranging for staff training on various HR related topics.
- Maintain company organization charts and other related employee rosters.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- At least 3 years of progressive HR experience preferably in a non-profit organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in using of payroll software (preferably Paycor)
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Computer proficiency, including Excel and Word required
- 403(b) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
Temple Emanu-El is a vibrant Reform Jewish community that strives to be a place of sacred encounter. It is a place where learning, prayer and deeds change people’s understanding of themselves, of their world and their responsibilities in it. Formed in 1872, Temple Emanu-El is the largest congregation in the Southwest and is among the largest in the United States with close to 2600 member families. You can learn more about Temple Emanu-El at https://www.tedallas.org/
To apply, please email your resume to Meredith Fried, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org