Metrocrest Services is a team of volunteers, nonprofit partners, donors, and employees whose Mission is “Providing hope through programs that lead to self-sufficiency and foster independence.” Our Core Values are based on principles that guide our actions, behaviors, and decisions. Our Core Values are:
Start with a “YES” Attitude: Working together to find solutions
Celebrate Differences: Show others dignity, respect, and inclusion while honoring everyone’s experiences and unique contributions
Be Kind: Make a choice to be kind to ALL through empathy and understanding
Choose Joy: Joy is an attitude. Pursue it every day
Embrace Change: A willingness to be open-minded and collaborate while accepting that change is an integral part of making our organization stronger
We are looking for team members whose values align with ours and who are compassionate, professional, and committed to serving their neighbors in need.
You’ll Love Working Here Because We…
- Have a warm, caring work environment and culture
- Communicate and collaborate as a team
- Are passionate about our team members and those we serve
- Have a leadership team that wants to do the right thing and is open to new ideas
The Healthcare Navigator is an integral member of Metrocrest Services’ team. They take a relational approach to client experiences, ensuring successful connections for clients to appropriate services for health care needs.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Public Health, Health Education, Health Promotion, Nursing, Substance Abuse or Behavior Disorder, Social or Human Services
- 3-5 years of experience in the healthcare field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Community Health Worker Certification
- Providing social service support in a clinical setting
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and partner services in the medical field.
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload utilizing effective time and task management skills.
- Ability to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, and exchange information fluently and frequently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) required.
- Proficiency with data entry (including familiarity with Salesforce).
- Strongly developed attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage program requirements and work with and within multiple departments.
- Ability to relate to individuals from a variety of racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural/socioeconomic backgrounds, including various sexual orientations.
- Knowledge of community health services and other area community agencies.
- Possess a compassionate nature, be knowledgeable about health care practices, and provide exceptional customer service to assist clients.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Facilitate timely and consistent health care through referrals and coordination with primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, and other community-based service organizations.
- Develop and maintain robust referral data base as well as processes for tracking referral effectiveness. This includes referrals specific for older adults.
- Address any barriers to obtaining health care including socio-economic needs and provide appropriate referrals such as for food, housing, education, or behavioral health needs.
- Advocate for clients within the organization and community to ensure access to health care services.
- Support unique needs of older adults and their caregivers to navigate geriatric care, home health, assisted living and end of life issues.
- Communicate and collaborate across departments and with key staff at Metrocrest Services.
- Build effective client relationships, assessing potential barriers, to support, educate and assist clients to navigate the health care system.
- Conduct assessments and surveys to determine health education needs.
- Develop educational programs, materials, and events concerning relevant health topics.
- Provide education and resources related to routine and preventative screenings.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Adhere to HIPAA regulations as required and maintain client confidentiality.
- The activity for this position requires the employee to work in-person onsite in a clinical setting.
- May be required to work alternative schedules.
- Ability to move, transport, position, and lift up to 15 pounds as needed.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position such as standing or sitting for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to walk, move, and/or traverse as needed.
The Healthcare Navigator reports to the Director of Housing & Support Services.
The Healthcare Navigator is an exempt position with an annual salary range of $55,000 - $60,000 (DOQ).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Metrocrest Services provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with the ADA, Metrocrest Services is willing to consider any reasonable accommodations.
Apply through Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/healthcare-navigator-62958e4884d70063