OUR VISION: To Provide Pathways to a Thriving Community for ALL
If our Vision resonates with you, if you have a passion for serving others, and if you have a growth-mindset, Metrocrest Services might be an ideal fit for you. We are looking for team members whose values align with ours and who are compassionate, professional, and committed to serving our neighbors in need.
Metrocrest Services is a team of volunteers, nonprofit partners, donors, and employees who exist to carry out our Mission of Providing hope through programs that lead to self-sufficiency and foster independence.
Our Core Values are principle-based tenets that guide our actions, behaviors, and decisions and are necessary in our effort to achieve our Mission and drive our Vision. Our Core Values are:
- Start with a “YES” Attitude: Working together to find solutions
- Celebrate Differences: Show others dignity, respect, and inclusion while honoring everyone’s experiences and unique contributions
- Be Kind: Make a choice to be kind to ALL through empathy and understanding
- Choose Joy: Joy is an attitude. Pursue it every day
- Embrace Change: A willingness to be open-minded and collaborate while accepting that change is an integral part of making our organization stronger
We are looking for team members whose values align with ours and who are compassionate, professional, and committed to serving their neighbors in need.
You’ll Love Working Here Because We…
- Have a warm, caring work environment and culture
- Communicate and collaborate as a team
- Are passionate about our team members and those we serve
- Have a leadership team that wants to do the right thing and is open to new ideas
As part of Metrocrest Services team, the Healthcare Navigator is a non-clinically licensed professional who is the point person in assessing client determinants of health, assessing barriers to healthcare and aiding the navigation of the health care system for clients who are unable to do so for themselves.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Public Health, Health Education, Health Promotion, Nursing, Substance Abuse or Behavior Disorder, Medical Social Work
- 3-5 years of experience in the healthcare field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Community Health Worker Certification
- Providing Medical Social Work
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and partner services in the medical field.
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload utilizing effective time and task management skills.
- Ability to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, and exchange information fluently and frequently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) required.
- Proficiency with data entry (including familiarity with Salesforce).
- Strongly developed attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage program requirements and work with and within multiple departments.
- Ability to relate to individuals from a variety of racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural/socio-economic backgrounds, including various sexual orientations.
- Knowledge of community health services and other area community agencies.
- Possess a compassionate nature, be knowledgeable about health care practices, and provide exceptional customer service to assist clients.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for establishing and cultivating relationships with community stakeholders and providers.
- Develop a process for tracking referral completion and follow through.
- Address any barriers to obtaining health care as indicated through case management and appropriate assessments.
- Advocate for clients within the organization and community to ensure access to health care services.
- Facilitate timely thorough referrals with primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, and other
community-based service organizations.
- Work closely with all agency departments and with key staff at Metrocrest Services to provide services.
- Build effective client relationships, assessing potential barriers, to support, educate and assist clients to navigate the health care system.
- Conduct assessments and surveys to determine health education needs.
- Coordinate educational programs, develop materials, and participate in events concerning relevant health topics.
- Provide education and resources related to routine and preventative screenings.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Develop network of healthcare options for uninsured clients.
- Adhere to HIPAA regulations as required and maintain client confidentiality.
- The activity for this position requires the employee to work onsite, in the community and be comfortable making home visits to client if necessary.
- May be required to work alternative schedules.
- Ability to move, transport, position, and lift up to 15 pounds as needed.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position such as standing or sitting for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to walk, move, and/or traverse as needed.
The Healthcare Navigator reports to the Director of Homeless Resources.
The Healthcare Navigator is an exempt position with an annual salary range of $55,000 - $60,000 (DOQ).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Metrocrest Services provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with the ADA, Metrocrest Services is willing to consider any reasonable accommodations.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES MAY APPLY THROUGH INDEED: